How are EGB_... data made during Create Rapid Graphic?

Jump to solution
05-10-2019 02:22 AM
MalikThrane1
New Contributor III

Hello,

How are the EGB_... data made (more specific EGB_BANDS_A and EGB_BANDS_L)?

I made an MRG where the Elevation Guide only shows elevation points, and the Boundaries guide only show sea, see the attached Screenshot_1 and Screenshot_2.

So far I found out that the  ASG_... data, for the Adjoining Sheet Guide,

is made from MapIndex.gdb\Reference\(LandLine, LandPoly and WaterPoly), 

but these featuresclasses does not seem to affect the EGB_... data. The other featureclasses in the Reference feature dataset doesn't seem like what I am looking for.

Hence my question, how are the EGB_... data generated during Create Rapid Graphic, what data are they based on?

(I have made other MRGs where the Boundaries and Elevation Guide are dispayed as expected, but this is the first time I experience this...)

Best regards

Malik

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Malik,

Thank you for answering my questions and for providing the two FGDBs and the DEM for testing. I can reproduce your issue with Esri Defense Mapping 10.6 Build 394.

As of today, the latest release for Esri Defense Mapping 10.6 is Patch 3 Build 920. After I install Esri Defense Mapping 10.6 Patch 3 Build 920, I cannot reproduce the issue. Can you please try installing Patch 3? Esri Defense Mapping 10.6 Patch 3 is available at 

https://support.esri.com/en/products/enterprise/gis-server-extensions/esri-defense-mapping-for-serve...

Regards,

Dan

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Bo_King
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Malik

Did you populate the Input Rasters in the Custom options of the Create Rapid Graphic?  You could also try testing this map sheet using the Create Elevation Guide Data GP tool in the Utilities folder.  This tool logic is leveraged by Create Rapid Graphic for building the EGB data.

Regards,

Bo

0 Kudos
MalikThrane1
New Contributor III

Hi Bo,

Yes I populated the Input Rasters, and I have now tried to run Create Elevation Guide Data, with no luck.

I tried to run Create Rapid Graphic in two different areas, filegdbs with the sameTRD version, and with the same DEM.

Area 1 does not populate the EGB data, while area 2 populates the EGB as expected.

It is the first time I experience this.

Area 1 is located high north. Can that be the reason?

I can send the two gdbs and the DEM for testing?

Best regards

Malik

0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Malik,

Can you please answer the following:

1. What is the OS of your machine?

2. What version of ArcMap are you running? From the Help menu select About ArcMap... Please see screenshot below for an example:

3. What is build number for Esri Defense Mapping? From the Customize menu select Extensions... and on the Extensions dialog select or highlight Defense Mapping with your cursor. Please see screenshot below:

4. Can you please zip up and attach your two FGDBs and DEM for testing.

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
MalikThrane1
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

Of course:

1. Windows 7

2. ArcMap Version 10.6.0.8321

3. Defense build: 394

4. The size of one of the zipped FGDB is 124.9 MB. When I try to upload it, I get a message that it is too big. How can I get passed this?

Best regards

Malik

0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Malik,

Thank you for answering my questions and for providing the two FGDBs and the DEM for testing. I can reproduce your issue with Esri Defense Mapping 10.6 Build 394.

As of today, the latest release for Esri Defense Mapping 10.6 is Patch 3 Build 920. After I install Esri Defense Mapping 10.6 Patch 3 Build 920, I cannot reproduce the issue. Can you please try installing Patch 3? Esri Defense Mapping 10.6 Patch 3 is available at 

https://support.esri.com/en/products/enterprise/gis-server-extensions/esri-defense-mapping-for-serve...

Regards,

Dan

MalikThrane1
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

Great, that sounds promising. Yes I will install Patch 3 and try it again, when my pc is done caching.

I think this will take some time, but I will reply when I have tested it.

Best Regards,

Malik

0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Malik,

Sounds good. Thank you for letting me know.

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
MalikThrane1
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

Installing Patch 3 fixed my problem, so now the issue is gone!

Thanks for the help and advice.

Have a great day. 

Best regards

Malik

DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Malik,

That is good news. Thank you for letting me know.

Regards,

Dan