Select to view content in your preferred language

Clip layers after generating product layout?

06-22-2023 02:03 AM
hm_stella
Esri Contributor

Hi

I have added some feature layers on PAGX and would like to make them be excluded from the clip layers of map properties.

To do so, I checked if a Python class/function was provided, and there was an answer that it may be provided in Pro 3.2.

I'd like to know if the empty PAGX was set to have no extent clipped, and it got changed to have a custom extent and exclude the BM Grid feature layer.

So, I checked which process the setting of extent is working - Generate Product step. I compared the outcome before and after running the Generate Product step. 

Before)

hm_stella_1-1687424563432.png

After)

hm_stella_0-1687424549965.png

So, does anyone know how to automatically add layers to be excluded from clipping like BMGrid in the picture?

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GCRice
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hey @hm_stella, can you explain why you would want to exclude layers from clipping? Generate Product Layout / MPS does this partially to prevent features from extending beyond the Basemap Grid Mask into the map margins. 

0 Kudos
hm_stella
Esri Contributor

Hi @GCRice ,

I want to select some layers to be excluded from clipping as I added some feature layers in the BaseMap. These feature layers are for specifying where the roads are heading. They are located in the map margins where only BM Grid layers can be displayed. 

I found that I can manually edit the product layout after running the Cartography-Automated workflow/GPL to adopt the new exclusion for the clipping layers. However, I wish the workflow and GPL can do this automatically and that's why I added feature layers on the BaseMap and asked how  to set the clip layers' exclusion.

Thanks!

0 Kudos