Topology: Find Dangles check

07-12-2011 09:05 AM
PatParsons
New Contributor III
In the Find Dangles Check window the feature class is not selectable (its blank).  The data base I created has the feature class and related topology in it. 

If I try other functions such as Duplicate Geometry check the files are selectable. If I click the "Always run on entire database" box I get the "Unable to get resources to validate fro" error

any ideas?
Tags (2)
9 Replies
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor
What version of ArcGIS Desktop and Data Reviewer are you running?

What is the build number for ArcGIS Desktop and Data Reviewer?

Your data resides in which type of workspace?
0 Kudos
PatParsons
New Contributor III
What version of ArcGIS Desktop and Data Reviewer are you running?

What is the build number for ArcGIS Desktop and Data Reviewer?

Your data resides in which type of workspace?

ArcMap 10.0 (ArcInfo License) build 2414

Data Reviewer 10.0  Build 389

workspace is a personal geodatabase

I am new to ArcMap 10
0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor
Thank you for your response.

I have tested with ArcGIS Data Reviewer Build 389. My line feature classes appear in the Feature Class drop-down on the Find Dangles Check Properties dialog.

Did you create a topology for your line feature class?

Did you add the line feature class to your ArcMap Table of Contents?
PatParsons
New Contributor III
yes to both questions
0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor
What is the version of your personal geodatabase (e.g. 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1, 10)?

What happens if have a map with only your line feature classes in your map?
0 Kudos
PatParsons
New Contributor III
What is the version of your personal geodatabase (e.g. 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1, 10)?

What happens if have a map with only your line feature classes in your map?

My personal geodatabase version is 10.0

Same result with just the feature class in arcMap.

Would a file geodatabase work better?  Are there settings in the database I need to change for this to work?
0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor
Pat,

Do you work for DWR?

How can I get a hold of you outside this forum?

Can you raise this issue with Esri Technical Support?

Dan
0 Kudos
PatParsons
New Contributor III
Dan,

I have worked for DWR for @20 years am now working as a reitred annuitant in the same position (Research analyst II GIS).  My work hours are normally 9:30 to 3:30 three or four days a week (it varies).

My e-mail is parsonsp@water.ca.gov and phone number is (530) 529-7392

Our contact with ESRI tech support is through our ATM (suthorized technical manager), Todd Flackus, who is not available right now because of field work.
0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor
Pat,

To let other users know, we have communicated outside this discussion. You have sent me your personal geodatabase.

The reason why the Feature Class/Subtype drop-down is empty on the Find Dangles Check Properties dialog is because the 'finally' personal geodatabase topology does not have any feature classes specified. To resolve this issue, please do the following:

1. Open ArcCatalog and navigate to the location of the feature dataset that contains the 'finally' geodatabse topology.

2. Select the 'finally' topology object and right-click, select Properties... from the context menu. The Topology Properties dialog is launched.

3. On the Topology Properties dialog, click the Feature classes tab. You will see that no feature classes are listed. This is the reason why featurefor1918 does not appear on the Feature Class/Subtype drop-down on the Find Dangles Check Properties dialog.

4. On the Feature Class tab, click Add Class... and the Add Class dialog is launched.

5. On the Add Class dialog, choose featurefor1918.

6. On the Add Class dialog, click OK

7. On the Topology Properties dialog, click OK.

8. Open ArcMap and the 'finally' topology and the featurefor1918 feature class to your map.

9. Invoke the Find Dangles Check Properties dialog. Click the Feature Class/Subtype drop-down and the featurefor1918 feature class is present.

Regards,
Dan
0 Kudos