Data Reviewer for ArcMap/Desktop vs. ArcGIS Pro

12-03-2019 11:39 AM
StephenLinenfelser
New Contributor

Hello Folks, my question is concerning the differences between ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro. I have reviewed most of the documentation and online training for both software platforms and it would seem that Data Reviewer for ArcMap has more functionality than Data Reviewer for ArcGIS Pro. Perhaps they share functionality but since I'm a bit newer to Pro and there's less training available it is just a matter that the features are just out of my view? Ultimately my question is, can Data Reviewer for Pro do everything or more than Data Reviewer for Desktop?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ErinStrickler
New Contributor III

There is more functionality in ArcMap than in Pro from what I can tell.

Some of the things I've found that can't be accomplished in Pro are editing

batch jobs, deleting error records from directly from the error table and

filtering the records in the table. We much prefer to edit in Pro, so I do

what I can in Pro, then hop into back ArcMap for the rest. However, there

have been some instances where a table will no longer open in ArcMap and I

think it is when I have applied attribute rules to the table in Pro. Still

working that one out. Am interested to hear others' experiences with it as

well.

0 Kudos
StephenLinenfelser
New Contributor

Hello Erin, thanks for your perspective. My team may too use both platforms, good to know about the backwards compatibility issue with applied attribute rules. 

0 Kudos
JacobGuthrie1
New Contributor II

I'm interested in the backwards compatibility issue. Does this apply to the error table or the feature class that the attribute rule is applied to? Or both? I'm trying to decide if it's worth building attribute rules up in Pro if it affects feature classes ability to be used in ArcMap as we still have some users in ArcMap.

0 Kudos