Update dashboard widgets when clicking on map

11-19-2018 01:48 PM
CameronBrown
New Contributor III

Is there a way in the ESRI dashboard to get widgets to update when clicking on a feature in the map?  Currently, the widgets do not update until we make an extra click to the select tool.  Is there a way to have the select tool on by default with the map, or to have the widgets update without the select tool?  I'm not sure public users will find this very intuitive when looking for more information on the features.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cameron,

> Currently, the widgets do not update until we make an extra click to the select tool. Is there a way to have the select tool on by default with the map ...

Your first statement describes the expected behavior in Operations Dashboard at this time. For your second statement, please vote for this enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas site; this will help us prioritize the enhancement request.

https://community.esri.com/ideas/15496 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
CameronBrown
New Contributor III

It actually doesn't but I appreciate the response.  It's difficult to hear that a method that is not user friendly, nor intuitive, is done on purpose.  What is the reasoning behind this?  Is there something I'm missing or is this just bad design?  I already upvoted the enhancement request, though that does nothing to solve my problem now.

0 Kudos