Two line graphs on operation dashboard

02-04-2020 12:39 PM
MuhammadYasir
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I have got data of crime data along with the date column. Now I want to display two lines graph in such a way that one line graph shows the current year average crime data (on monthly basis) and other line graph shows the average crime rate of the last 5 years (on monthly basis). I tried to use the serial chart to achieve the desired output, but no luck. Could anyone please guide me on how to generate these line graphs on the operation dashboard?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ShaneMiles
Esri Contributor

Gee Fernando‌, got any advice for this? 

MuhammadYasir
New Contributor III

Wow, that's wired that I have not got any response back and two-person already marked it helpful. 

0 Kudos
UriGilad_EsriAu
Esri Contributor

Hi Muhammad, 

Can you please create it in Excel and upload the xls file with the graph+data? We can try and recreate it in Dashboard. 

0 Kudos
MuhammadYasir
New Contributor III

I have somehow managed to plot bar graphs in a serial chart as shown in the picture. Now I want to change the type of one bar graph (orange color) from bar to line graph.

Is it possible to do that in the operation dashboard?

0 Kudos
UriGilad_EsriAu
Esri Contributor

Did you select the Line button at the top of the Series Options?

0 Kudos
MuhammadYasir
New Contributor III

Yes, I did. But it converted both bars into lines graph

0 Kudos
UriGilad_EsriAu
Esri Contributor

I get it.

I don't think it can be done on Dashboard. I think your best option might be creating two graphs and merging them into one view above each other (or side by side). For example:

The Infograph Widget in the web apps can handle two lines, so if it fits your purposes maybe you try and use it on a web app, but for the dashboard we'll have to wait for this to be implemented. 

UriGilad_EsriAu
Esri Contributor

Correction:

Not sure it would fit your data, but you can create more than one series if you use categories from features:

MuhammadYasir
New Contributor III

Thanks Uri. You gave me food for thoughts. I think I should do some feature engineering to show the bar and line graphs on serial chart (as shown by you). 

0 Kudos