Select to view content in your preferred language

Trouble replicating a WAB Dashboard chart

Jump to solution
11-13-2023 11:36 AM
Labels (1)
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I have some WebApp Builder based Dashboards that I need to migrate to ArcGIS Dashboards and one WAB chart has me frustrated and the Dashboards help is useless. These are the settings of the WAB chart:

wab_chart.jpg

I've added a serial chart in Dashboards and have the categories from Grouped Values option specified but I can't seem to break out the chart values across 4 different fields like I have in the WAB chart (Dashboards doesn't seem to support it summary by more than one field).

If I select categories from features, I can kind of replicate the chart but the values  shown don't seem correct. What am I missing?

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwrenner_esri
Esri Contributor

It sounds like there are multiple fields that get summed for each vehicle type, which you then want to display by year. If I'm understanding correctly, I don't think there's an exact way to replicate what you have in web app builder without some data restructuring. One way to do this would be to create a summary table using a feature set, then point your serial chart to that instead of the existing data layer.

Here are some examples of different data structure examples usable by the dashboard serial chart:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/dashboards/11.1/get-started/data-series.htm 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rwrenner_esri
Esri Contributor

It sounds like there are multiple fields that get summed for each vehicle type, which you then want to display by year. If I'm understanding correctly, I don't think there's an exact way to replicate what you have in web app builder without some data restructuring. One way to do this would be to create a summary table using a feature set, then point your serial chart to that instead of the existing data layer.

Here are some examples of different data structure examples usable by the dashboard serial chart:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/dashboards/11.1/get-started/data-series.htm 

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for responding. I'll try not to shoot the messenger but...

It's *incredibly* frustrating as a user to continually have existing functionality removed in subsequent ESRI product releases. Workarounds aren't workarounds- they're work mores. I'm already up to my neck in having to migrate content from one Portal install to another, *in addition* to the forced migration from WAB to Dashboards.

I'm simply not going to add another item to the maintenance bin in the form of a summary table. What if my data needed to be displayed live? I could do that in WAB but you're telling me I can't in the new Dashboards. You're increasing my work, not making it easier or better.

I'll mark your answer as the solution to my question but I'll just be removing the chart from the dashboard.