Switching from Desktop to Mobile view

Jump to solution
12-03-2019 09:26 AM
MarquesMunson1
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way for dashboards to operate so that some elements either stack or disappear when switching from desktop to mobile view?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Marques,

> Is there a way for dashboards to operate so that some elements either stack or disappear when switching from desktop to mobile view?

Operations Dashboard does not support responsive design (which is the behavior described in your statement), sorry. You will need to create two dashboards: one for web browser use, one for mobile use. Please see this blog,

Strategies & Best Practices for using Dashboards on your Smartphone 

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi Marques,

> Is there a way for dashboards to operate so that some elements either stack or disappear when switching from desktop to mobile view?

Operations Dashboard does not support responsive design (which is the behavior described in your statement), sorry. You will need to create two dashboards: one for web browser use, one for mobile use. Please see this blog,

Strategies & Best Practices for using Dashboards on your Smartphone 

Hope this helps,

MarquesMunson1
Occasional Contributor

thank you for that idea! I assume I can use the same webmap for both dashboards, so that any changes would apply to both dashboards at the same time?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Marques,

> ... I assume I can use the same webmap for both dashboards, so that any changes would apply to both dashboards at the same time?

Yes, absolutely.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
MarquesMunson1
Occasional Contributor

Derek,

Is it possible to have it set up so that the respective dashboard (desktop or mobile) will show based on screen size? How would I go about doing this?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Marques,

> Is it possible to have it set up so that the respective dashboard (desktop or mobile) will show based on screen size?

This is not possible with Operations Dashboard; as I've indicated, the app does not support responsive design. Sorry.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
DavidNyenhuis1
Esri Contributor

This workflow just got easier. You can now create a desktop view and a mobile view within a single dashboard. The mobile view is optimized for viewing on phones. 

0 Kudos