Select to view content in your preferred language

Start chart with "no selection" message displayed by default

09-28-2022 01:02 PM
MPach
by
Occasional Contributor II

I have a chart that uses pipe material and/or diameter. This single chart can be filtered by 4 different selectors (Fire Districts by spatial area, Pressure Zones by spatial area, Diameter by spatial area but this 'can' also filter by either fire districts or pressure zones first although it doesn't have to be, and Material by spatial area but this can also filter by fire district or pressure zones first although it also doesn't have to be. The default view of the chart shows all the pipes in the city by material and diameter currently and as you can imagine it's a mess. 

MPach_0-1664394216984.png

What I would like to do is have the default for the chart show the "No Selection" message until a selection is made.

I've tried to do this by using "Render only when filtered option" option on for one of the selectors and it works,  but as you might imagine when I do this and don't make a choice on that particular selector the "No Selection" message stays up and the chart is not filtered. As an example, if I turn on the "Render only when filtered option" for the fire districts and then make a selection for the pressure zones the chart will not filter and the "No Selection" message remains displayed. I've also tried to put turn the "Render only when filtered option" for all of the filters, but as suspected that won't work either because of the logic conflict. 

Optionally, I'd be open having the charts default view just be blank or something that looks clean while no selectors are chosen. 

Thank you for you help, 

Mark

0 Kudos
0 Replies