Ops Dashboard Token Expiration

12-16-2019 07:13 AM
BrianWilson3
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone had any luck getting ESRI to fix the token timeout issue with OpsDashboard and IWA/Portal?   I opened a ticket back in August and have yet to get a resolution.

Environemnt:

Portal 10.7.1, IWA auth, Operations Dashboard web client.

Behavior:

Initially SSO works and the dashboard comes up, after exactly 30 minutes the token expires and the app prompts for auth.  If i signin, it prompts multiple times for sign in and eventually lets you through.  

I have been able to temporarily "fix" the issue by added a meta refresh tag at 25 minutes into the Ops Dashboard HTML.

My original Bug number was #BUG-000124152 which was marked as "Not in Current Product Plan" in early December. In the case it mentioned that i was actually experiencing #BUG-000127276, which BTW was resolved in 10.7?  

I am still experiencing the issue but have reopened the case.  This seems very similar to the token timeout that WAB was seeing in 10.6/10.6.1 which was resolved in 10.7.  It would be great if someone from ESRI would reach out to atleast a few people affected by these bugs and ask if it was resolved.

The original thread where this was first mentioned was here https://community.esri.com/message/897492-re-wab-token-expiration .  

0 Kudos
12 Replies
TomManson
New Contributor III

Your solution has done the trick!

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
BrianFausel
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the tip, Brian, and also clearing up the confusion over the various IWA bugs. I tried your temporary solution with the index.html and it works great.

In our case we will have to wait for the official 10.8.1 fix, though, because the auto-refresh at 20 minutes will be jarring for our users. If they have Dashboard filters set, the refresh resets them every 20 minutes and I'm sure that will lead to frustration.

0 Kudos
BrianWilson3
Occasional Contributor

It is very frustrating. It is unfortunate that we've had to work around this issue in this way.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Kudos