Multiple Editors of a Dashboard

Jump to solution
03-23-2020 12:01 AM
LiamHarrington-Missin
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

This may be a silly question, but how do you allow multiple users to edit a dashboard?  

Some background. 

One of my users has created a dashboard and shared it with a Group.  The users of the group can view the dashboard but do not have the "edit dashboard" option.  I want them to as they work in different time zones and can therefore handover work.

I can edit it, but then I am the administrator of the organisation so can probably do what I want to anything. 

Is this a group setting that has been missed or is the ability to edit a dashboard restricted to just the owner to avoid corrupting the dashboard from multiple simultaneous edits?  

Thanks for your help.

Liam

Liam
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Liam,

This is possible.  When you create the Group check on the option All items (group membership is limited to the organization) under the section What itmes in the group can its members update:

What this option does:  Group members can update any items shared with the group, which includes modifying the item details and updating the content. If you choose this option, the group becomes a shared update group, which limits group membership to members of your organization who have privileges to create, update, and delete content.

When you share content, be sure to choose the option Access and update capabilities:

You will see the group you created with the above option.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JakeSkinner

Hi Liam,

This is possible.  When you create the Group check on the option All items (group membership is limited to the organization) under the section What itmes in the group can its members update:

What this option does:  Group members can update any items shared with the group, which includes modifying the item details and updating the content. If you choose this option, the group becomes a shared update group, which limits group membership to members of your organization who have privileges to create, update, and delete content.

When you share content, be sure to choose the option Access and update capabilities:

You will see the group you created with the above option.

JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I do not see the highlighted option when I create a group.  My role is Publisher.  Can you confirm that I have to be an Administrator in order to have that option available during Group creation?  Thanks.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
MohammedElsayed
New Contributor III

Hi @JakeSkinner I do not see the highlighted option when I create a group.  My role is Publisher. and I am working on kubernetes enterprise portal. do you have any clue regarding this issue? 

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

@JayJohnsonWashoeCounty @MohammedElsayed 

Yes, you will have to be an Administrator, or you can create a custom Role with Admin Group privileges:

JakeSkinner_0-1637071565204.png

0 Kudos