Heat map style will not update based on date selector

Jump to solution
02-07-2018 08:01 PM
GraemeHill
New Contributor III

My operations dashboard on ArcGIS online has a map with records shown as both a point and a heat map, when using the date selector with associated action filters the point layer will update however the heat map does not.

Below is a screen shot of web map from the dashboard which shows the heat map layer and the point layer, the heat map is reflecting all records in the layer but the point layer (3 green dots in centre) is filtering correctly via date selector actions. So why doesn't the heat map get regenerated based on the filtered records? The heat map is purely a style setting in the web map not a pre generated static density analysis output. All maps and content are stored on ArcGIS online with appropriate sharing rights. Zooming in/out forcing a refresh does not work.

My actions specified in the date selector tool - the 'Job Points layer' updates but the 'Job Heat Map' does not.

I thought a heat map would be popular to show on a dashboard but without the ability to filter records makes it almost useless. Any ideas?  I am aware that I can do a 'static' pre set filter in the web map settings but it will not match the dates chosen for the dashboard making it confusing to viewers.

Cheers,

Graeme

41 Replies
JPowell
New Contributor II

I also have this issue in the new ArcGIS Dashboard release, it extends to any filtering of the heat map symbology whatsoever, not just date based. Every update they make is one step forward, two steps back. Where do I send my invoice?

SaraFrankenfeld
New Contributor III

I am having the same problem

HeathAnderson
Occasional Contributor II

I am experiencing the same issue publishing from ArcGIS Pro 2.8 to AGOL.

JoshBillings
Occasional Contributor II

I am also having this issue.

AlessandroTarli1
New Contributor

I too am experiencing this issue. Am needing to display a heat map with bar graphs and line graphs on the side that when clicked on, needing the heat map to filter down to the selection.

The map filters if I choose to display my data as individual points, but not when I change the data to be displayed as a heat map. This used to work in the old Operations Dashboards.

Any timelines for a fix for this bug?

JohanLagerkvist
New Contributor II

I have the same issue. It's been a while since last post - is this still not fixed?

I am consuming a service from ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 through AGOL ending up in a dashboard unable to filter heat maps.

0 Kudos
RandyBonds_Jr_
Occasional Contributor

Is there any update to this? I'm having the same issue.

0 Kudos
ConnerSchaak
New Contributor III

Hey Randy,

ESRI may be able to confirm this, but the communication I received from our ESRI Gold technology provider is that the heatmap symbology is interpreted as a raster symbology--and thus cannot be filtered by any selectors.

I don't anticipate this changing anytime soon. You'll notice that there are similar limitations with heat map symbology in ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
EricKriener
Occasional Contributor

except that it worked in classic dashboards? and that's why we are all here...we were using it before.

Now they are gonna retire the ones that do what we want w/o fixing the new one?

James_Whitacre_PGC
New Contributor III

So, in my testing, this can be done in Experience Builder...so why can't it be done in Dashboards? Based on what @ConnerSchaak says, this is inconsistent...

0 Kudos