Filter in List Not Working

Jump to solution
12-30-2015 06:50 AM
TiffanySelvidge1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Everybody,

My filter in my list view is not working. I am searching for people's names and the filter will only fully acknowledge records for 2 of the names. Incomplete results are given for one name and the filter does not even acknowledge the other 7 names. I have added and re-added the data, used different computers and successfully created queries using those same names. I am not sure what else to do at this point. Has anyone encountered this problem? Suggestions?

I am using data from Arcmap 10.2.2, Portal 10.3, Dashboard Product Version 10.3.1 and Dashboard Runtime Version 10.2.5.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TiffanySelvidge1

After more trial and error, I have discovered the problem:

When configuring the list widget, I set it to display 50 results. Apparently it just takes the 1st 50 records and never looks beyond the 1st 50. I had assumed when I used a filter, the filter was searching all 25,000 records, not just the 1st 50. Once I configured the widget to display 25,000 records, the filter searched and found all the names. The filter is still glitching a little so I changed the configuration to include the map selection and will be using that when possible.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TiffanySelvidge1

After more trial and error, I have discovered the problem:

When configuring the list widget, I set it to display 50 results. Apparently it just takes the 1st 50 records and never looks beyond the 1st 50. I had assumed when I used a filter, the filter was searching all 25,000 records, not just the 1st 50. Once I configured the widget to display 25,000 records, the filter searched and found all the names. The filter is still glitching a little so I changed the configuration to include the map selection and will be using that when possible.