Does ArcGIS Dashboard support in ArcGIS distributed collaboration

10-11-2022 12:37 AM
SitiRohanaTazuraAli1
New Contributor II

Hi,

Does distributed collaboration support for sharing arcgis dashboard? 

I have distributed collaboration between ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 with send access and copies sharing option. 

ArcGIS Dashboard is created in ArcGIS Enterprise and shared to the collaboration group. However, it does not reflect to the AGOL. I have shared the item to everyone as well, but not success. 

Any help would be really appreciated. 

Tags (1)
3 Replies
JeffThomasILM
Occasional Contributor II

I have the exact same situation. I see here: Share content with collaboration groups—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation that Dashboards are not listed under supported item types. However, there's no explanation why not, or any insight whether there may be more support in the future.

0 Kudos
JeffThomasILM
Occasional Contributor II

Update: As mentioned in the "share content" doc link above, the workaround for adding a Dashboard (or other unsupported collaboration apps) is by adding it to AGOL as a URL: Add an app from a URL.

However, that still does not explain why Dashboards aren't supported by collaboration or whether they ever will be. Adding an app from a URL is inferior to properly sharing it as a collaborative item because it doesn't show up as a Dashboard in AGOL. You can't search for it by app type; it's just a generic app.

0 Kudos
SitiRohanaTazuraAli1
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I have reached out to Esri Technical Support and they come back to me mentioned that currently it is not possible to share  dashboard via a distributed collaboration. 

Also, there is an enhancement request logged for the query

• ENH-000149031: Provide the ability to share ArcGIS Story Maps, ArcGIS Experience Builder, ArcGIS Dashboard and Hub sites via distributed collaboration
0 Kudos