Data Expression Data Source Error - Access Permissions

04-27-2023 06:50 AM
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I have created a dashboard and for a table I am using a data expression, it works fine and shows for me, as well as a colleague who has the Administrator role in our organization.

However when the users who NEED to see the dashboard look, it gives them a data source error despite the layers used in the expression being shared with that user, the dashboard is shared with that user, and we enabled the administrative content permission of "View all content" with their Role type. This user is also a member of our organization. And it acts the same across browsers.

What am I missing with the set up of these expressions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Found a solution:

In the Feature Layer (hosted) settings, "What features can editors see" was set to "Editors can't see any features, even those they add" which seems to be the default for Survey123 feature layers.

Changing the setting to "Editors can see all features" allowed the user to then see the data in the Ops Dashboard.

RobertAnderson3_0-1682615997738.png

I have no understanding of why this setting impacts the ability to view content from a data expression when the user has permissions to view/edit the layer as it it, and this is not an issue when viewing just the Survey123 data. If someone is able to explain it I would appreciate the logic, but at least I found a way to make it work!