Dashboards Map Widget Configuration Bug?

08-11-2024 01:23 PM
Labels (1)
GIS_utahDEM
Frequent Contributor

I am having an issue with not being able to configure my map widget in multiple dashboards. When I click "Configure" it will allow me to change the settings, however it will not open any of the other pages such as Map or Layer actions. This is happening on multiple of my dashboards (albeit with similar set-ups of having a mobile view). In the screenshot below it shows that I clicked on Map Action -- I moved my mouse away but it still showed a blue outline -- but did not change from the settings page. 

Is anyone else having this issue? 

Tags (2)
3 Replies
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @GIS_utahDEM 

Can you take a copy of the impacted dashboard and re add a new copy of the same web map element/widget and test to see if the issue reappears? You will need to repoint the widgets to your new map also.

try clearing browser cache.

0 Kudos
BenjamenWetherill
Regular Contributor

Has anybody found a solution to this?  It is really really really annoying!

I think I have narrowed the issue down to the Web Map.  All of a sudden this web map got corrupted.  If I use a different web map, I don't have this issue.  But if I use this web map in any new dashboard, I get the issue above.  If I make a copy of the web map and put that in a dashboard, I get the issue.  But, an old copy of my dashboard (from several days ago), which uses the "corrupted" web map works fine and does not have this issue.

I have tried different browsers (Firefox and Edge).

0 Kudos
BenjamenWetherill
Regular Contributor

I spoke with ESRI support and they helped me resolve this issue.  It seems to have been caused by a ghost layer that I had removed from my web map at an earlier time.  There was still some false remnant of the layer in the web map.  The way I resolved this was to open the web map in Map Viewer Classic and save it there (overwriting itself).  At this step, I received an error message mentioning the ghost layer, but I clicked through that and saved anyway.  Then I backed out and opened the web map in the new Map Viewer and saved it there.  Then I opened my dashboard and the map widget was functional again.

0 Kudos