Dashboard not allowing me to edit or delete elements

Jump to solution
04-17-2022 01:54 PM
Labels (2)
Sabra-FRC
New Contributor III

Hello amazing Esri community!

I have a question that I desperately need some support on!

So, I have broke an element in my dashboard, a serial chart. I am trying to repair this issue. Generally I should just be able to 'configure' the chart to edit the data layer that is feeding it, however when I am doing this it is not allowing me to configure anything at all (second screenshot). What I am trying to show in the screenshot is how the configuration tools are simply not responding. As I click on the down carrot to show the options for the attribute field that I would like to filter/display it simply is not showing me any options at all. Also, when I try to delete the 'fields for condition' altogether it is again just not doing anything at all (third screenshot), where it should be removing the fields. I have also tried to delete the entire serial chart element, but it will not allow me to delete it (fourth screenshot). I went ahead and tried to delete other elements just to test the situation, and the app is just not allowing me to delete ANY of the elements. 

If anyone has any insight at all on what is going on here, it would be super helpful and appreciated if you would share!

SabraFRC_0-1650228230201.png 

SabraFRC_1-1650228385528.png

SabraFRC_2-1650228529672.png

SabraFRC_3-1650228600074.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Sabra-FRC
New Contributor III

Well, for anyone following this:

Just got off a call with tech and turns out this was just a technology issue and had nothing to do with anything that I was doing. The widget just became corrupted because technology! 

View solution in original post

Sabra-FRC
New Contributor III

No he did not specify, but we thought it must have had to do with me recently updating the feature layer that the serial chart was referencing. For some reason my updating the layer with the same csv spreadsheet excluding unnecessary attribute fields made the chart wig out resulting in the corruption that I was experiencing. I had to delete and recreate the chart, but could only get to that point by going into the browser's developer tools and clearing the cache. 

View solution in original post

13 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

Have you checked the feature service?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
TuckerTeutsch
New Contributor II

Yes I have, thanks for the suggestion. There seems to not be anything out of the ordinary about my feature layer, it is opening and working just fine.

0 Kudos
Sabra-FRC
New Contributor III

*sorry didnt realize I was signed into the wrong account

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

what ABishop wrote.  Check your data source and republish.

Sabra-FRC
New Contributor III

Thank you, my data source seems to be fine. What do you mean by republish? Republish my data source?

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

The elements that you are using to create a dashboard very likely come from a Feature Service.  If you don't know what that is then you are probably not the owner of the data so you should ask them.

Have them check to see if the feature service from which your chart is working off of is running. It may need to be restarted.

Sabra-FRC
New Contributor III

I understand, my feature service seems to be running. I will look into how to 'restart' a feature service, as I have never heard of that before and maybe that might hold my answer. 

This is all my data, however I am very novice and working for a non-profit where I am the dashboard expert, even with my lack of knowledge about the nitty gritty, I appreciate all your input, thank you.

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Sabra,

Depending on the type of feature service you are using, you may or may not be able to restart it.  For instance, if the service was published from ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro using your in-house server, it could be restarted using the ArcGIS Server Manager.  If the service was published from ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro and then hosted in ArcGIS Online, then the feature is kind of stuck in that content.  In order to fix a hosted feature service in AGOL, you would have to republish it completely.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
Sabra-FRC
New Contributor III

Well, for anyone following this:

Just got off a call with tech and turns out this was just a technology issue and had nothing to do with anything that I was doing. The widget just became corrupted because technology!