Dashboard Directions or Navigation Workflow?

Jump to solution
05-28-2021 10:22 AM
Labels (1)
GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Happy Friday All,

I am building a dashboard for field workers to go to an address drawn from a points layer that dynamically updates from live data and survey inputs. Is there a way inside Dashboards or AGOL to show directions or navigate to that point from the person's location once the point is selected? Without having to go through multiple tabs or webpages it would be another quick cut in complexities and smooth out the work required to find and get to these addresses. Going between google or bing maps is still relevant but for time and ease of use I was curious if this had come up previously? This does not involve tracker or field worker apps specifically, but is either a desktop, cellphones, or ipad style devices with location settings set to 'on' that will be used.

Best regards,

Jansen Lyons

City of Rio Rancho, NM

Records & GIS Section

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @GIS_Fox

Is there a way inside Dashboards or AGOL to show directions or navigate to that point from the person's location once the point is selected? 

ArcGIS Dashboards does not have navigation/routing functionality within its core capabilities.

As a workaround, you could deploy an ArcGIS Web AppBuilder web app with the Analysis widget - and leverage an analysis operation such as: Find nearest or Plan routes. Then add the Web AppBuilder web app to ArcGIS Dashboards with the Embedded Content element. 

Another option is to take a look at ArcGIS Navigator, which might meet your needs.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @GIS_Fox

Is there a way inside Dashboards or AGOL to show directions or navigate to that point from the person's location once the point is selected? 

ArcGIS Dashboards does not have navigation/routing functionality within its core capabilities.

As a workaround, you could deploy an ArcGIS Web AppBuilder web app with the Analysis widget - and leverage an analysis operation such as: Find nearest or Plan routes. Then add the Web AppBuilder web app to ArcGIS Dashboards with the Embedded Content element. 

Another option is to take a look at ArcGIS Navigator, which might meet your needs.

Hope this helps,

GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @DerekLaw ,

>ArcGIS Dashboards does not have navigation/routing functionality within its core capabilities.

Perfect, thank you very much for the easy answer and quick response 😄. I've used the webapp builder before but only on a small test project. I look forward to digging into the app builder as the project progresses, I know I have the Analysis widget as well in my organization from some of my colleagues projects. I've checked into Navigator on a couple other projects but not enough to know if it will work on this one. Thank you again & have a blessed weekend!

Best regards,

Jansen Lyons

City of Rio Rancho, NM

Records & GIS Section

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos