Dashboard arcade data expression works when testing but does not save

01-25-2023 05:50 AM
Labels (1)
HarrisonBloom1
New Contributor

I have created a data expression within an indicator widget of a ArcGIS Dashboard and runs perfectly fine when testing but once I go to click "done" or save the expression, the page will default back to the "Select a layer" page of the dashboard and a caution icon appears next to the created data expression? 

Does anyone know the cause of this or a workaround? When testing the data expression in the "Edit data expression" window, it returns the desired results, with no errors, but again won't let me save or apply the expression to a widget.

exp_snap.JPG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That has happened to me in the past, though not always for obvious reasons. It could be as simple as your data expression not returning a FeatureSet object, or it could be more complicated, or something weird in the data layer itself.

Can you share the expression? That would be helpful in spotting what might be wrong.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
HarrisonBloom1
New Contributor

@jcarlson ,

Attached is code snippet. FYI, removed portal ID and other ID information within first few lines. Also would mention that I developed this code in a separate portal environment from the client (11 -->10.9.1) for testing than copy/pasted/updated code to work within the older environment. I was also just told that some of the feature services are stored in the same GDB where services are branched versioned. I don't have access/much information right now about the branched part but can get more info about structure if you think this could be a problem.

Quick synopsis:

• Taking in three (3) different natural asset features, filter/grouping them by inspection year
  • Create list for unique project numbers
  • Asset specific functions for getting latest date of project name/ID, calculating some scores from survey, etc

The dashboard contains 4 indicator widgets for scoring. A single widget for each specific asset , and then an overall scoring to incorporate all scores together.  The three individual widgets work/saves just fine, but when combining them for the overall is where the widget would not save.

0 Kudos