Basemap and layer Visualization not maintained

12-21-2017 09:25 AM
juanma
by
New Contributor II

I'm not sure if this action is taken into account when designing a Dashboard:

Could different base maps from different "Map views" be maintained with the choice done when it was built within Operations Dashboard?

I mean, I have my Dashboard splitted in two (left and right) using both parts the same Webmap. I wanted to maintain the base map chosen on each side different than the other, like this image: [image1]

After saving my edits, and launching the Dashboard, I see that Basemaps and Layer configuration modified as the original Webmap was built. So, my question is:

is it possible to maintain what was created on the Dashboard edition mode, or instead of that, I should duplicate the existing Webmap, with same layers, except for its visualization and basemap choices?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidNyenhuis1
Esri Contributor

Hi juanmahere

You are right, the dashboard does not preserve basemap selections or layer visibility changes made while using the dashboard. The dashboard simply honors the settings defined in the webmap when it loads. I suggest you make two copies of the webmap and bring both into the dashboard. 

Note: In addition, you can Configure Actions on each map and add a Set Extent action with each map as the target. This will allow your map extents to always be in-sync.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
AsseticTop_Administrator
New Contributor

Hi Dave,

How about the layer visibility set during editing the dashboard? I save the dashboard and then I see that the layers' visibility has changed or effectively hasn;t been saved.

Is this expected?

Cheers,

Sean

0 Kudos
DavidNyenhuis1
Esri Contributor

Hi Sean,

Yes, that is working as expected. Only properties defined in the configuration dialog of the map are persisted after you save. 

Dave

0 Kudos