Select to view content in your preferred language

Let Actions work on WFS layers

10-24-2023 03:01 PM
RobertoRossi
Occasional Contributor

At the moment Dashboards work pretty well with maps containing WFS layers.

Dashboards elements as Indicators, Tables, Lists, Details work properly summarizing WFS layer data.

Also Map extent change Actions work correctly on targets as the dashboard elements reported above.

Conversely Selection change actions do not work. So setting actions as Zoom, Flash, or Pan with Map as target, or action as Filter with Details as target, does not determine the expected behaviour.

Actions.jpg

Roberto Rossi

Padua University

Tags (3)
2 Comments
Simrishamnskommun

thanks @RobertoRossi .I have been working with WFS layers in Dashboards for the last year or more and it has worked fine with the filtering on the charts with regards to the maps zoomed field of view.

This however changed at the end of June 2024 and it is now not working if the application is made public, however works if set to internal or admin use.

I have spoken with support here in Sweden (@CarolinaJonasson) and have asked that WFS is fully supported as it seems it currently is not.

When working, this is a brilliant function and allows you to provide data remotely from your own organistaion and allow for both improved data managent and dynamic data.

Fingers crossed that this gets fully supported in future.

RobertoRossi

Thanks @Simrishamnskommun 

In my (public) Dashboard, i don't have charts, but I've just verified that Indicators, Tables, Lists, Details work update correctly when Map extent changes...

Zoom, Pan, Flash actions in the list (target the map), don't work yet.

I hope for this support since some real data are still published as WFS from Italian agencies.

Roberto