Select to view content in your preferred language

Choose multiple target fields for dashboard filter using defined values

07-16-2024 07:28 AM
CameronLacelle
Frequent Contributor

Currently in ArcGIS Dashboards when using a filter widget and setting up actions, depending on what dashboard element you want to filter, it will ask you to choose the target field for the feature you want to apply a filter action to. Unfortunately, you cannot choose more than one target field, and it is single select only.

A dashboard I am working on currently allows management in our Parks Department to view asset inspection details. They want to be able to filter the data in the dashboard by inspections that have "unsatisfactory" elements. There are many observations our field staff fill in that could be unsatisfactory, and are all different fields in the feature layer (items such as equipment stability, drainage, etc.).

I figured I would use the "Defined Options" for a filter and see if I can apply the filter action to all the satisfactory/unsatisfactory fields found in the feature layer (there are about 15-20 of them). However when in the Actions pane of editing the filter, I can only select ONE target field. So I am forced to take a more time-consuming and tedious approach to make this type of filter possible for our clients.

Choosing multiple target fields should be an option for dashboards!!!