Select to view content in your preferred language

Auto refresh Operations Dashboard

08-14-2018 05:32 PM
PADEP_GIS
New Contributor II

We have been using Operations Dashboard in an Emergency Management situation and one thing that we cannot do that is a problem, is have the dashboard refresh automatically.  I know you set up a refresh interval on the map services in the underlying web map and these are honored in the dashboard widgets/tools, but I'm talking about a mechanism to refresh the OVERALL dashboard.  For example, I was asked to add a new element to the dashboard mid-activation.  I then had to tell all of the folks running the large screens to manually refresh the dashboard in order to see the changes.  This is unacceptable as there is no way to track or know who has the app open and it has been causing confusion because then different folks are seeing different version of the app.  And in a dynamic and always changing event, a dynamic refresh on the whole dashboard, and all of the tools NEEDS to be implemented.

12 Comments
MiltonSolano

Folks,

I agree is a very needed functionality, specially with those dashboards containing table data ONLY (no map), so no way to setup refresh rate for those tables. Is great us under consideration, please move forward to implemented!

Thanks,

Milton

RobertAnderson3

@Amanda__Huber I just want to add a huge thanks for the tip there with using the visualization tab to update the refresh interval! I managed to get this to work.

ALSO, it seems that I've gotten it working without a map widget in my dashboard. I had originally placed one to do this workflow, but deleted it just to see, and it still seems to be working. @MiltonSolano you might be able to do the same by using the visualization tab as Amanda mentions.

The trick I ran into, I'm using the Ops Dashboard to display data from a Survey123 form that has repeats, so I've created a hosted join which gives me a view. I had to change the 'auto refresh' on BOTH the VIEW and the ORIGINAL layer for it to work. Because it's a view it seems to be capped at a 30 second rate but hey, that's a lot better than nothing.

That said, this ABSOLUTELY needs to be baked into the dashboard in one way or another, even if it's something as simple as a link to documentation for the process for the time being, it would save a lot of people time.