Select to view content in your preferred language

interpolate or enrich point data with CAO data

Jump to solution
10-23-2013 08:19 AM
deleted-user-AzQ5lcTQbS2a
New Contributor III
I am trying to attach CAO data to point locations, basically attaching key us facts, tapestry, etc into the point table for analysis.
Seems as though I can't do much with the points at all either in desktop using the plug in or in the online app.  All roads lead to creating drive time or ring analysis. 
I want to interject community profile data onto that location.  Is this a possibility, or am I looking at the wrong tool?

thanks!
-sp
former esri
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
I am trying to attach CAO data to point locations, basically attaching key us facts, tapestry, etc into the point table for analysis.
Seems as though I can't do much with the points at all either in desktop using the plug in or in the online app.  All roads lead to creating drive time or ring analysis. 
I want to interject community profile data onto that location.  Is this a possibility, or am I looking at the wrong tool?

thanks!
-sp
former esri

Stacey,

The Community Analyst desktop add-in can only run reports (and append report data) to polygon layers.  ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop is the product that can append demographic data (local and online) to a point layer.

Regards,
Jason R.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor

thanks!
-sp
former esri

Stacey,

The Community Analyst desktop add-in can only run reports (and append report data) to polygon layers.  ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop is the product that can append demographic data (local and online) to a point layer.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos