Community Analyst Loading Issues

Jump to solution
10-24-2022 03:13 PM
MeganWheat
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to access the community analyst web app. It has not been loading for me all day. Is anyone else having these issues?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks @MeganWheat 

This is exactly the error I suspected causing the issue in Community Analyst. In most cases, this happens when a Community Analyst project (a group in ArcGIS Online) is accidentally deleted. This is a bug we recently found and fixed for the November release.

In the meantime, please use this workaround to reset your Community Analyst Preferences.

1. Log in to ArcGIS.com > click Content > My Content

2. Select All My Content folder from the left > type CA Preferences in the search bar 

FasilTiru_0-1666652968031.png

3. Select any files named CA Preferences and delete them.

4. Refresh your Community Analyst app/browser and you should be able to sign in.

Best regards,

Fasil T.  

View solution in original post

9 Replies
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @MeganWheat 

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. We can help you troubleshoot the cause of this error. 

1. Did you or your ArcGIS administrator made some changes of your contents in ArcGIS Online (deleted items or groups)?  

2. Try to log in to community analyst using Google Chrome and click F12 on your keyboard to open the DevTools. Then send me a screen shot of the error shown under the Console tab. Something like this:

FasilTiru_0-1666651853298.png

Thanks,

Fasil T.

0 Kudos
MeganWheat
New Contributor III

MeganWheat_0-1666652146014.png

Hi @FasilTiru

I am the ArcGIS Administrator, there really hasnt been much use in this app. I wanted to see what was going on. 

Haven't been able to log in all day.  It just gets stuck on the community analyst loading screen. Business Analyst web app works perfectly fine. So I am just not sure what is going on. 

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks @MeganWheat 

This is exactly the error I suspected causing the issue in Community Analyst. In most cases, this happens when a Community Analyst project (a group in ArcGIS Online) is accidentally deleted. This is a bug we recently found and fixed for the November release.

In the meantime, please use this workaround to reset your Community Analyst Preferences.

1. Log in to ArcGIS.com > click Content > My Content

2. Select All My Content folder from the left > type CA Preferences in the search bar 

FasilTiru_0-1666652968031.png

3. Select any files named CA Preferences and delete them.

4. Refresh your Community Analyst app/browser and you should be able to sign in.

Best regards,

Fasil T.  

MeganWheat
New Contributor III

Thank you! That worked! 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
PatriciaCleary
Esri Contributor

Hi Fasil

I am having this issue with one of my ArcGIS online user accounts, I have tried the fix above but still only getting the loading splashscreen. I was able to log in last week. I am the the administrator of the subscription and the userID has Community Analyst allocated.

Thanks

Patricia

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @PatriciaCleary 

Try to log in to community analyst using Google Chrome and click F12 on your keyboard to open the DevTools. Then send me a screen shot of the error shown under the Console tab. Something like this:

FasilTiru_0-1694447722498.png

Thanks,

Fasil T.

0 Kudos
PatriciaCleary
Esri Contributor

Hi @FasilTiru

here is the screenshot:

PatriciaCleary_0-1694448533935.png

Patricia

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

@PatriciaCleary Thanks. This appears to be a permission issue with the Ordnance Survey Ireland (OSi) MapGenie Digital Gobe (WM) Service basemap that is no longer available/accessible. 

It looks like you might have added this layer in CA and the app is hanging now as it's unable to load the layer. So my first recommendation is to check your organization's basemap galley settings in ArcGIS online and make sure Esri Default option is selected. This is just in case you have a custom basemap galley group with the custom layer above that is no longer accessible.

FasilTiru_1-1694456307697.png

Once you confirm that you have access to the Esri Default basemaps, you can try logging in to CA again. If the app still hangs, try deleting all the preference files listed under CA - Application Data

FasilTiru_0-1694456285349.png

I hope this helps,

Fasil

0 Kudos
PatriciaCleary
Esri Contributor

Hi @FasilTiru 

Thanks for your help, that basemap layer is a premium layer and in our organisation I had to put the URL of Community Analyst (https://communityanalyst.arcgis.com/)  into the Limit Usage in the settings of the basemap content item:

PatriciaCleary_0-1694619058857.png

This now works - thanks.

Patricia

0 Kudos