Sync errors with Collector offline

Jump to solution
03-18-2014 04:20 PM
CarmaGerber
New Contributor
Hello fellow Collectors!

I am happy to have downloaded the new version of Collector. I have successfully set up a map for offline editing, downloaded it to my device and collected some features.

Seems to be a bit sticky syncing back though. I have had 2 REST API errors (this is what they appear to be) so far relating to sync'ing the replica.

Both appeared to be a rollbackOnFailure error.

The difference being:

1st error - gave me an 'error synchronizing replica' message that contained the GUID for the feature I was syncing (I only had 1 to sync). Then when I checked the map in browser AGOL, the feature I was syncing was there, so perhaps an error that wasn't actually an error.

2nd error - didn't show me a GUID however I was syncing multiple features. These did not appear in my map in the browser, so a genuine error.

Any ideas here?

Carma Gerber
Esri Australia
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
45 Replies
Occasional Contributor III

Russell, I experience this issue also.  I'm using ArcGIS Server 10.3, iOS Collector v10.2.7, I have a subtype, Editor Tracking, and related tables on a feature class called "Pipes."  I have no copied layers.

Everything works beautifully, until I try to sync the iPad after I have completed the disconnected work.  I get the error described earlier in the thread:

An error occurred while synchronizing edits.

Unable to synchronize replica.

Replica with GUID * does not exist on the server.

What is your take on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

From the sounds of that issue it looks like the replica on the server was removed. If you go to the REST endpoint for that service and go to the Replicas link on the feature service check to see if any Replica IDs exist for that service. If the replica ID does not exist you can take the offline database and use the Copy Runtime Geodatabase to File Geodatabase tool in 10.3 Desktop to take they data from the device and have it in a fgdb where it can be migrated to your enterprise gdb.

Also with 10.2.7 related tables are not supported. This is coming in 10.3 which will be out very soon.

Russ

Thank you, that is helpful.  Are you able to say if "soon" is days, weeks, or months?  Our flagship project is dependent on related tables.

When I look in my iPad internal storage, I don't see a runtime database.  I have this: Computer\Apple iPad\Internal Storage\DCIM\860OKMZO, which contains a png depicting the web map's bookmarks.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

-Hopefully in the next week or two but could be sooner.

-Plug the iPad into the computer, launch iTunes, once the device syncs go to the Apps section for the synced device then scroll down on that page and you will see File Sharing with Apps and Documents section. Click on the Collector app and click on the folder and you want to pick the folder with user name and replica ID on it and click Save To. Inside that folder there is another folder with the web map ID which you will see matches the the web map ID in the URL for the map in your org. This folder contains your gdb and you can point the GP tool to this database inside the saved folder.

At this time, we are not allowed to have itunes on our computers.  Is this a dealbreaker, or is there an alternative?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I don't know of a solution that works without iTunes being allowed. You will need it to be able to have the device sync through iTunes on your computer and then you can use another app like iFunBox.

0 Kudos

Hello again!

Any update on when we can expect the next ios Collector app with the related table support?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

We are currently waiting on app store approval. I will update the thread when I am notified the update is live.

Russ

0 Kudos

Great, thanks Russ!

0 Kudos
AmandaOpp
New Contributor III

Russell Roberts​ we are having a similar sync message with a map 'An error occurred while synchronizing edits.  Unable to synchronize replica.  Sync replica internal error - {248e40434-aa00-466a-b758-oa9e553B531a}.  I am able to duplicate this error on multiple devices.  We have editor tracking enabled and that works fine in all Maps that we have created with the exception of this one.  I am able to duplicate the problem when I remove the map from download and re-download it.  I make a change and get the same error with a different group of numbers at the end when I go to sync.  One thing worth mentioning is that we published the layers and built the map in AGOL as one owner and transferred ownership to another user so they could more easily access layers that they want to download.  We have encountered other errors doing this same transfer maneuver but not with syncing but when downloading the data. 

I have a few questions.  Can you retrieve the data off the device through iTunes if it doesn't sync as you mentioned earlier in your reply? and...

Are there any updates to the post.  I assume editor tracking is now allowed.  Do you know of a solution to this particular problem?

0 Kudos