Sync Error: An error occurred while synchronizing edits. "Invalid URL"

Jump to solution
10-10-2016 09:52 AM
AmyFellenz
New Contributor

Hello,

I am attempting to help one of our engineers with a sync error she is receiving when she tries to sync back up after editing and adding attachments to a point feature class in the field.  I have attached her error that she gets.  I am about five states away from her so I cannot mess with the app myself.  I see some steps about plugging in the device and pulling it off of itunes and reloading everything that way, but just wondered if I am missing an easier troubleshoot at all.

The device being used is iOS ipad.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

We have had some similar issues here and in some case were able to use the steps outlined here: How To: Access offline edits from Collector for ArcGIS directly from an Android or iOS device . If the user can copy the required files, and send them to you, you could try. We have had less almost no problems when the user does not accumulate to many collected data (including photos) and synchronizes more frequently.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

Encounter similar situation here, did you have any luck solving this without losing your 61 entries? I hope you did!

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

We have had some similar issues here and in some case were able to use the steps outlined here: How To: Access offline edits from Collector for ArcGIS directly from an Android or iOS device . If the user can copy the required files, and send them to you, you could try. We have had less almost no problems when the user does not accumulate to many collected data (including photos) and synchronizes more frequently.

0 Kudos
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

I can't open the link but followed the procedure using the export via itunes and the geodatabase to shapefile translation and was able to read 7 out of 8 databases. Alas the eight database contained the lost data, this database came up empty. Fortunately the points were still visible on the iPad (and there were only four of them) so we hand-copied them on the desktop.

Thanks anyway!

0 Kudos
DustinKeltner1
New Contributor

I have a similar error message on mine, although I was making edits on ArcGIS Desktop. When Synchronizing Edits didn't work, I did Share As -> Service -> Overwrite. Not a perfect solution - I am the creator of the service, and I have it shared pretty extensively. After overwriting it, I have to manually change a couple of settings on ArcGIS Online that weren't saved (Enable Editing, for example). But, if the circumstances are just right, that is a potential work-around.

0 Kudos