Simulate the synchronisation of archived data

06-20-2016 11:05 PM
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Collector is often failing synchronizing non-versioned archived data.

I tried to simulate the synchronization through the REST api and it failed as well so it seems like Collector is out of the equation.

I would like now to simulate the synchronization in ArcMap  but I can't figure out how as we cannot create 2 ways replica with non-versioned data. So how is Collector doing it ?

Also, I wanted to have a look at the properties of the replica in ArcMap to better understand, but the strange thing is that I can't see the replica created by Collector with archived data in ArcMap (in replica manager). I can see the ones created with versioned data but not the ones with archived data. But looking directly 'SDE_ITEMS' table, I can find it though.

Any idea, how I can figure out what is going on and simulate the synchronization process of Collector with archived data in ArcMap ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

I am not aware of using ArcMap to simulate the synchronization process. But if you can contact the support and share the test info you have done, that would help the team to fix the issue you ran into.

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Miaogeng,

Thanks for your quick answer. So basically, this type of synchronization is not available in ArcMap so this is the reason why I cannot see the replica created by Collector in the "Replica" manager of ArcMap.

If this is true, this is a good news because I was starting to wondering what was wrong with our infrastructure !

Thanks,

Nicolas

0 Kudos