Off Line Maps no longer available?

07-03-2014 09:17 AM
RichardAbram
New Contributor III
I can no longer select a local tile package for my off line map.  Everything was working yesterday but now when I start the map that is not already connected to a local cache it will not prompt me to select a cache that has been side loaded on the device.  I see there were changes rolled out to ArcGIS Online last night.  Has any one tried this functionality today? 

I have a call into ESRI Support but I haven't heard anything back.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
So you are not seeing the option to Choose a Basemap after you tap the download button? Can you check under Manage section of the app that there are local basemaps available on the device?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
RichardAbram
New Contributor III
No the option isn't there.  I was talking to one of our ESRI contacts and we found that I needed to fully close out of the Collector app and restart Collector and the issue went away.  I now get prompted for the base map.  I'm new to iPads so signing out of the Collector app really doesn't close it as I thought.  I had to remove it from the list of running apps.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Yup that workflow is improved in 10.2.4 update which is coming out soon. The app will search for basemaps when it is launched, when you go to download a map, when you open up the basemap tool and when you go into manage.

Russ
0 Kudos