Off-line data not syncing.

1120
4
Jump to solution
01-11-2017 07:59 AM
GeneSipes1
New Contributor III

Stumped....

I have two layers published to an internal ArcServer from the same SDE database. The MXD used to publish them has a single connection to the database the layers are stored in (in other words, no mixed connections). The layers are archive enabled, NOT registered as versioned, and one has attachments as pictures with global ids for the primary key field. Also the layers are permissioned through the database for edit, update, and delete for the necessary user connections. The service properties include Feature Access with all abilities checked (sync, edit, create, delete, query).

The feature services are added to an AGOL webmap using a standard ESRI basemap. Pop-ups are configured, and the data is symbolized as needed and the map is shared with the proper group. On a tablet running Android OS we have Collector 10.4.0 installed. It is signed into AGOL with a user whom is apart of the proper group the web map is shared with. 

So, when we make edits ON-LINE (without downloading to the device) the edits are posted immediately to the service and consumed in the web map on AGOL. The problem occurs when we download the map to the device and make off-line edits. We get back the office and connected to the protected wifi and press the sync function. The status bar proceeds as usual and there are no errors thrown up. Everything looks ok. However, when we view the webmap in AGOL the edits are not pushed to the feature services in the map. The funny thing is however, sometimes the pictures will sync over but the attribute data does not. Completely Stumped....

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks a bunch. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeneSipes1
New Contributor III

Problem solved! The checkbox "Allow Geometry Edits" option in the service properties Feature Access dialog box when publishing my features was unchecked. I didn't want my users to be able to edit the geometries of my layers, and was very happy to see this option. However, this option is super buggy, and caused my layers to not sync off-line, and that includes just table updates. Once I fixed this, they layers work perfectly. Supposedly there is an Arc Server fix patch on 10.3, to correct this. Apparently, my organization doesn't have that fixed yet. Beware! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MichaelDavis3
Regular Contributor

Have you checked your server logs for anything from the Sync service?

0 Kudos
GeneSipes1
New Contributor III

The only error I see is “Table Initialization Summary. Total Tables: 1. Initialization succeeded on: 0. Initialization failed on 1.” I am not sure what this means.

0 Kudos
GeneSipes1
New Contributor III

Found out that part of the problem is the "Allow Geometry Updates" check box in the Feature Access window while publishing. Apparently it has a bug and affects Arc Server. I will experiment without the box checked and find out if the problem is fixed. 

GeneSipes1
New Contributor III

Problem solved! The checkbox "Allow Geometry Edits" option in the service properties Feature Access dialog box when publishing my features was unchecked. I didn't want my users to be able to edit the geometries of my layers, and was very happy to see this option. However, this option is super buggy, and caused my layers to not sync off-line, and that includes just table updates. Once I fixed this, they layers work perfectly. Supposedly there is an Arc Server fix patch on 10.3, to correct this. Apparently, my organization doesn't have that fixed yet. Beware!