Map not working on Ipad, but is on Android

292
1
12-12-2019 05:09 PM
MattTarkington1
New Contributor III

Not really a question, more of bug reporting. 

I was experimenting with enabling offline use for a map that our organization has been using for a few months now. Not because we don't have service, but because what we do is very fast paced and even having to wait 30 seconds for everything to load is to long. Auto sync only syncs every 15 minutes (fast paced environment need instant updates) so does not work for our purposes. So I removed the offline area and disabled the option for offline for map in question. Here's where it gets weird. Now the map is stuck in offline maps (ipad) and I can no longer access it in any way through collector. If I re enable offline maps the  download always fails . Disable use in collector and it disappears from the maps list, re enable and it reapers still in offline maps. Disable sync for one layer. Can't even see the option to enable offline use and it still only shows up in offline maps.  Now here's the real fun part. Works fine on android. Unfortunately all of our field workers use Ipads. 

I know about the duplicate domain issue, have dealt with it in the past, and have not had the error since I fixed all of my layers weeks ago. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MattTarkington1
New Contributor III

Found a workaround. Opened map in AGOL save as new map. Share with appropriate groups. Old map still stuck in offline, but atleast I didnt have to add all the layers to a new map and re format/ set permissions. Still a troublesome bug if anyone has a solution or esri can look into fixing in later versions

0 Kudos