Map Download Failed for All maps!

05-14-2017 04:16 PM
EthanDuke
New Contributor III

All of sudden, I'm unable to download maps in Collector for ArcGIS for any of my projects. This error exists on the many maps that I have been using for the past year. "Map Download Failed Unable to download the map. Unable to create replica. Please check your parameters. Create replica internal error." This error exists, even on maps with no replicas, on maps that I haven't worked with in months, and on recently used maps. Field crews are waiting in the wings for ESRI tech support and it is Sunday

0 Kudos
21 Replies
DavidAslesen
New Contributor II

It seems to be fairly regular lately (last month or two) but must not affect everyone because then everyone would be up in arms.  Ours worked earlier today, haven't tried again since you posted.

0 Kudos
RyanGardner-Cook
New Contributor III

I'm having this issue with my map as well. Everything is set up according to this: Go offline—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Has anyone found a solution?

0 Kudos
EthanDuke
New Contributor III

Reoccurred here, too. One device (iPad) was able to download after upgrading Collector to the latest version. Another was not. Since this is an intermittent issue, we've been able to work around by creating several iterations of our maps and downloading maps for each based on the unique area. Data syncs fine even when this download issue occurs. Really frustrating when it happens on a weekend when there is no support. I was able to capture a Fiddler log of the proxy as it occurred and have sent it to ESRI.

0 Kudos
DavidAslesen
New Contributor II

Gotta contact tech support, it's on the server side.

AlexBullen1
Occasional Contributor II

Tech support told me that the issue is with my datasets, not anything on their side. They know more than I do but this is an odd explanation considering this dataset has already been used for field collection of apx 2000 points & pictures. This may be a different issue than what you are experiencing.

AdamCommeford
New Contributor III

I seem to be running into this issue today, is there any resolution? or does it "just come and go"?

BryanMc
Occasional Contributor

We are having the same issues today as well. Haven't changed anything and getting timeout for downloading to work offline (even if just using push and basemap download).

0 Kudos
DavidAslesen1
New Contributor

Our turn again.  I'm really disappointed in how unstable this platform is. Too bad, because we do a lot of work where data access is not that certain.

0 Kudos
ThomasBrewer
New Contributor II

I had the same issue today, can not download maps on Collector App using Android tablet. I'm guessing it had something to do with the update to AGOL last night.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

If you have issues with downloading Esri default basemap into Collector yesterday, this issue should be fixed.