Make fields visible but not editable Classic Collector

Jump to solution
09-03-2019 08:25 AM
MKF62
by
Occasional Contributor III

I was wondering if there's a way to display fields but not allow them to editable in Collector. This is possible on the ArcGIS Online web map interface via the configure attributes in configure popup, but doesn't seem to pass on to Collector. Am I missing something or is it just not possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Molly - What platform (Android, iOS, or Windows) are you using, and what version of Collector? I just checked, and in both Collector Classic and Collector on iOS if I open a map that is authored to display, but not be editable, that is honored in each app. The fields show in the pop-up when viewing it, but once editing, they aren't included and can't be changed. 

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Molly - What platform (Android, iOS, or Windows) are you using, and what version of Collector? I just checked, and in both Collector Classic and Collector on iOS if I open a map that is authored to display, but not be editable, that is honored in each app. The fields show in the pop-up when viewing it, but once editing, they aren't included and can't be changed. 

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
MKF62
by
Occasional Contributor III

Aha! Thank you. That is what I was missing - when I was in edit mode I didn't see the fields and expected to see them grayed out or something. When I was done editing I clicked back on the feature and those fields were displayed. Makes sense now that I think about it.