Differences in collector apps for ios and android

04-11-2016 11:47 AM
glennmeister1
New Contributor

I have set up two different maps on the same feature service, one to allow uses to add a new feature, and the second for inspectors to be able to select the feature and change it's type.

When I test on android tablet this works as designed, when I test on iPhone the inspector is not able to change the feature type.

Is this a current limitation?

Using latest version of both collector apps.

thanks........glenn

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Glenn!

Are these maps that you could share with user Collector4ArcGIS (by sharing to a group and inviting that user)?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
glennmeister1
New Contributor

Hi Kylie,

Thanks for responding, I've added two maps to the shared group, one is just able to add a new pothole feature, the inspector map has permission to edit the feature.

thanks...glenn

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you share the service as well? Thanks!

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
glennmeister1
New Contributor

Hey Kylie,

Added it to  the group,

thanks......glenn

0 Kudos
MattHeineman
Occasional Contributor

I've noticed some differences as well. I uploaded a simple road centerline to populate road quality. I'm using a domain for the condition rating in a 1 thru 10. I can update a feature just fine on Android. A feature on iOS does not get recorded. I scan select a value and hit Done but it doesn't change the value. The interesting part is I can change values for the other fields (ie Date, Name (domain)) on the iOS version without issues. It's JUST the most important field I'm trying to collect!! Any ideas why?

Also, on a side note: can I re-arrange the field order for Collector? I re-arranged them in ArcMap before I uploaded the service, but it's not reflected in Collector or ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
GlennMeister2
New Contributor II

To re-arrange the field order you need to edit the map with arcgis online mapviewer , selected the feature service and you will see a row of option under the service name select more options (...) when you see the context menu select CONFIGURE POPUP,  under the attributes list select CONFIGURE ATTRIBUTES , in this popup menu you can move the fields up or down.

Note may sure you save the attribute changes and then save the map as well to see changes .

itemsconfig.PNG

MattHeineman
Occasional Contributor

Perfect! Thanks Glenn

0 Kudos