Data will not sync to arcgis online

Jump to solution
09-02-2015 03:10 PM
RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

So i have been collecting data working in offline mode.

When i got back to the office and tried to sync everything up, it seemed to go well except nothing manged to actually sync up.

It didn't give me any errors so i dont know what could of gone wrong.

So now i have  this map stored on my device with features that will not sync up with the map on ArcGIS online.

And i investigated further by taking a different map off line add a few points to it and then synced it up and again same thing. No sync. Thoughts? do i have to wait for the data to show up? or can i go about and get from my device a different way?  or way?

the services are hosted on my servers not AGOL if it matter

edit:

I tried adding features via AGOL and they dont sync up to my map on collector when it is stored on my device, but it syncs up fine to maps that are not stored on the device.

So the a map stored on my device will not sync it edits to arcgis online and it will not sync with edits made in arcgis online.

edit 2:

So i was able to save the data using a script found in this tread (Offline works in ios but not android but i am still really curios as to what was happening, ie what offline maps wouldnt not sync

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandallClark2

So i figured it out.

Each time i take a map offline a new version is created, the data that is collected is saved to that version, so to get the new data to show up in ArcGIS online i need to post and reconcile each version to the version that i am using to publish to my server.

i think they talk about this is the documentation but who has time to read it

/s

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you use Versioned on your feature dataset?

0 Kudos
RandallClark2

Yes the data is set up for versioning and i am using a versioned copy so that everything can by QA before being published.

0 Kudos
RandallClark2

So i figured it out.

Each time i take a map offline a new version is created, the data that is collected is saved to that version, so to get the new data to show up in ArcGIS online i need to post and reconcile each version to the version that i am using to publish to my server.

i think they talk about this is the documentation but who has time to read it

/s

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos