Collector unable to load map

Jump to solution
09-26-2014 11:15 AM
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

I have added some new maps to ArcGIS Online.  They show up in the Collector apps directory, but when I click to load them I get: "Unable to load the map. Please try again."  My older maps still show up and load into Collector properly.  My latest maps use the same setup as a previous one.  When I examine the layer properties and JSON settings, the settings look identical (only layer name and extent settings vary).  I am using the Android version of Collector.  I've tried reinstalling Collector.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

Russell,

Thank you for your assistance.

On a couple of my date/time fields, I had selected pop-up formats that included seconds (12/21/1998 6:00:00 PM and 12/21/1998 18:00:00).  Selecting a format that did not include seconds allowed the map to work with the current Android version. (Per Russell's comment, this issue is being addressed.)  For the iOS version of Collector, using the seconds in the pop-up format caused no problems.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share your map to a group with Collector4ArcGIS and we can take a look at it?

0 Kudos
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

Russell,

You should have permission.

The map “Strata 2 – Fairbanks” and feature layer “Inspection_Strata2”, works in Collector.

The almost identical “Strata 6 – Southeast” and “Inspection_Strata6” shows up in Collector but won’t load.

Thank you for checking this out.

Randy

0 Kudos
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

Russell,

I just got word from one of the staff that he can see the new map series on his iPad. So the issue may be related to the recent web updates to AGOL and/or Android.

Randy

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Did you invite Collector4ArcGIS into a group? What is the group name?

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

EsriSupport

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks Randy,

The issue appears to be the date format you used is currently not supported in the released version of the app.

I did a quick check against the update we are planning on submitting into the store this week and the map is now loading without any warnings and we support the date format.

0 Kudos
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

Russell,

Thank you for your assistance.

On a couple of my date/time fields, I had selected pop-up formats that included seconds (12/21/1998 6:00:00 PM and 12/21/1998 18:00:00).  Selecting a format that did not include seconds allowed the map to work with the current Android version. (Per Russell's comment, this issue is being addressed.)  For the iOS version of Collector, using the seconds in the pop-up format caused no problems.

0 Kudos