Collector not able to select or edit on Android

07-11-2019 06:00 PM
AimeeZarzynski
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am having trouble both selecting and editing a hosted feature layer in Collector, but only from my android tablets. I created a web map utilizing a hosted feature layer published from a geodatabse and shared with Collector. The intent is for our inspectors to update/edit the features on their tablets. I first tested the Collector map on my iphone and I am able to select and edit the features in the way that we want. When I went to test on our Samsung Android tablets, I cannot select the feature. I am able to select a feature by searching for it by its ID number, however, even when it is selected I am not able to edit it. What am I doing wrong that I could be able to do everything we need on my iphone but not on the android tablet?

Collector version on my tablet 18.0.3

Tags (3)
6 Replies
J_R_Matchett
New Contributor III

I am experiencing this issue also, although on iPhone. For about a day or so, I could successfully select and edit features, then all of a sudden it stopped working. I tried creating a new feature layer, and again it initially worked then stopped. I tried reinstalling the Collector app, but no difference. I'm also unable to select features in the Explorer app. However, the Collector Classic app still works properly.

0 Kudos
AimeeZarzynski
New Contributor II

I don't know how you were adding the feature layer, but I was originally adding it from a geodatabase. I ended up converting to a shapefile on desktop and re-adding it to AGOL as a shapefile. I have had no problems with the shapefile on android or ios. Not sure if it was just the act of adding it again, or changing to a shapefile and adding... but everything is smooth now. Hopefully that helps! 

0 Kudos
J_R_Matchett
New Contributor III

It seems like something became corrupted with the layer's popup. I changed the popup type from "A list of field attributes" to "A description from one field" and was able to again select points in Collector. I then changed the popup back to "A list fo field attributes" and selection continues to work.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This seems to be a problem suddenly on iTablet and Android devices for 2 new layers that I just published. This worked from my device (Android) 3 days ago and now my field guy can not update points once he creates them. I think I'll be launching a WebApp to use in the browser for him to use instead, but this is really frustrating. I would appreciate some ESRI Team Member insight here please.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also tried the tricks mentioned above and this did not fix the problem in either Collector Classic or Beta (now just Collector). I re-configured popups in the hosted feature services and in the WebMaps (that were enabled for use with Collector). I saved a new WebMap. I added the Hosted Feature Services to a new WebMap enabled for use in Collector. Still no fix. My solution was to publish a WebApp from the WebMap, disable WebMap's use in Collector, and have our Field Team use the browser instead of Collector.

0 Kudos
Intern1
New Contributor

This problem is occurring on my Android as well. Any updates out there? Reconfiguring pop-ups didn't work for me. I can still add points, so for now I'm just editing back in the office. Frustrating not being able to look at past data points for reference in the field though.