Collector + attachments = error

02-04-2015 08:22 AM
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

I've got a feature service hosted by at 10.3 AGS cluster with an Oracle 11g SDE 10.3 backend. 

I'm trying to get this feature service to work offline with Collector.  So far, everything is working online and I can download and sync offline via Collector, except when my offline edits contain attachments.  I then get AGS errors as follows:

I've checked and rechecked the myriad of "data/map prep requirements" for going offline.  I even created an all new points feature service following the instructions to the letter and still get the same set of errors when attachments are involved.

Thanks much for the help.

Level

Time

Source

SEVEREFeb 4, 2015, 9:04:46 AMError executing tool.: ErrorMsg@SyncGPService:{"code":500,"description":"Failed to synchronize."} Failed to execute (Sync Feature Service Replica).System/SyncTools.GPServer

SEVEREFeb 4, 2015, 9:04:46 AMAn error occurred.System/SyncTools.GPServer

SEVEREFeb 4, 2015, 9:04:46 AMFailed to synchronize.System/SyncTools.GPServer

SEVEREFeb 4, 2015, 9:04:46 AMFailed to synchronize.System/SyncTools.GPServer

SEVEREFeb 4, 2015, 9:04:46 AMError: Failed to export data changes to replica.System/SyncTools.GPServer

SEVEREFeb 4, 2015, 9:04:46 AMFailure in processing exports for Replica: GIS.Ags_Fs_1423011330985 [GUID: {6DB524F2-02DC-496A-BE9A-C9623EF1B4B6}].System/SyncTools.GPServer

SEVEREFeb 4, 2015, 9:04:46 AMFailed in acquiring Archive Difference Cursor for dataset: GIS.CollectorPoints__ATTACH for Replica: GIS.Ags_Fs_1423011330985 [GUID: 6DB524F2-02DC-496A-BE9A-C9623EF1B4B6]. Time taken: 0.016000 seconds. Stream finished [GIS.CollectorPolys]

Tags (1)
17 Replies
RoyceSimpson

I've shared the map as public:  http://larimercounty.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=819137c20bd74b34b64e38a02d5d659e

You can edit the points, lines, polys with the "guest1/guest1" combo.

Not sure you'll be able to see anything that will help fix this but you can have a look.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

I can reproduce the issue in your service. But the issue seems happening in Server side. I can't reproduce in house and thus we can't get to the bottom of the issue.

From the server log, it mentions GIS.CollectorPoints__ATTACH. Maybe you want check GIS.CollectorPoints__ATTACH and see if something unusual. You can also try to Delete Attachment and re-create the attachment in SDE.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hey Royce -  I just got my production environment updated to 10.3 and am itching to get started with collector now that it will support versioned edits.  Since I think we have similar architecture I'll get back to you and the community on this post with any findings...

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson

Hi David,

Thanks for looking into it.  I did try out a versioned workflow but neglected to test the offline attachment issue.  Keep me informed.  I guess I could try that out again but I'm thinking that 99% of all our Offline/Collector related workflows will not using versioning so really, I need to get this fixed with the non-versioned, enabled archiving workflow.  By the way, I have opened a ticket with esri.  I'll update here as needed.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

sounds good

0 Kudos
CarlosKrefft
Occasional Contributor

Did you ever get it working. Same thing is happening to me.

0 Kudos
WilliamSchoefmann
New Contributor II

We've been using Collector to edit data we stored in the AGOL cloud for an Alarm Line system that was mapped using Collector and ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.2.  Attachments and edits suddenly started failing about two weeks ago.  We are about to try and host it on our ArcGIS for Server as a feature service with an SQL backend server but this makes me wonder if even that will work to help remedy the issues with attachments or just complicate things based on your comments here.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Attachments have been syncing fine for us in a connected environment as of yesterday, but I haven't tried disconnected attachment syncs.  We've got some proxy and secure services issues we are trying to resolve between our server and our agol portal  When that's done, we can get back at collector in disconnected fashion.

0 Kudos