Collector App: Adding an image to a pop-up?

Jump to solution
09-16-2015 05:00 AM
ClairePook1
New Contributor

Hi, I'd like to add an image saved on my PC to the pop-up for one of my feature layers.

I've entered the path to where the image is saved in the URL field, but I get the following displayed in my pop-up:

Insert_Image.JPG

Am I going the right way about this? Perhaps the picture is too large?

Alternatively, should the picture actually be saved in My Contents within ArcGIS Online?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
6 Replies
AhjungKim4
Occasional Contributor II

Collector can't access the data save on your personal computer via URL.  Try enabling attachment for the layer and attaching images to the feature. FYI, hyperlinks don't work on iOS at the moment (*Hyperlinks in Collector (iOS) )

ClairePook1
New Contributor

Hi, thank you for your reply!

As I would like the same image to appear in the pop-up when users add new points to the layer, the attachment option is not going to work for me.

Also, I don't think it's possible for attached images to actually display in the pop-up, you only get to see the hyperlink to them. I would like my image to appear in the body of the pop-up text.

Can I save my pictures somewhere within ArcGIS Online, and acces them via URL?

Thanks,

Claire

0 Kudos
AhjungKim4
Occasional Contributor II

Yes, you can upload your photos to AGOL (My content>Add Item>From My Computer) and then use its URL. But storing files on AGOL will cost you credits. If you have lots of photos, I recommend free options such as DropBox or Google Drive.

ClairePook1
New Contributor

That's great news. Can you tell me where I will find the URL of a .JPG that I have uploaded to AGOL?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Claire,

Take a look at the following link:

Using photos stored in ArcGIS Online | ArcGIS Blog

ClairePook1
New Contributor

Thank you both, this is exactly what I was looking for

0 Kudos