Auto-map refresh within Collector for ArcGIS

01-22-2017 12:44 PM
DanielNutsford1
New Contributor II

Hello,

Is there a way to replicate the "set refresh interval" behaviour within web maps to work within a Collector map? I have configured my webmap to refresh every 5mins which works perfectly but this auto-refresh behaviour does not work within the collector application pointing at the same web map. The only way to refresh the map from within the collector application is to exit the map and return to it which is not ideal!

Has anyone found a solution or work around to this??

Cheers,

Dan

0 Kudos
6 Replies
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

Try this... I utilize #collector for acrgis with survey123‌ for our fire dept's hydrant inspection program.  The quick refresh rate allows the crews to immediately see those hydrants that have been already inspected.

0 Kudos
DanielNutsford1
New Contributor II

HI Oscar, thanks for the quick reply

I have tried changing the collector settings but still have the same issues. We are aiming to do something very similar to you by the sounds of it... We want to collect field assessments of assets within a Port. Just to be clear, are you seeing the hydrants that have already been inspected within the Collector Application? The auto refresh works well within the WebMap but we still have to exit the collector app and re-enter (or change the basemap) to refresh the data. 

It also looks like you are using an apple mobile device where as we have android so maybe this is an issue?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

What platform are you using Collector on?  Windows? Android? iOS?  What version are you using?

0 Kudos
DanielNutsford1
New Contributor II

Hi Matt thanks for the message. I am running version 10.4.2 build 1026 on android. End users will probably be a combination of both iOS and android users however. We have an iPad in the office for testing purposes but are still having the same problems. Must change base map or exit and re-enter map to refresh changes.

Cheers,

Dan

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have experienced this on the Windows platform.  The same web map on Android and iOS Collector platforms refresh as expected for me.

0 Kudos
RachelAlbritton
Occasional Contributor III

Dan - 

I know this post is pretty old but I'm having the same issue - did you ever figure out a solution?

0 Kudos