Ability to post process data from Collector

02-07-2014 08:20 AM
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Perhaps this may be included in the update that adds Disconnected Editing but I'd really like to use the Collector interface but with the ability to postprocess some of my data.  As of now there isn't a good way to collect high accuracy GPS using Collector because I am limited to the mobile device's GPS which is generally in the 5-10 meter range, too high for what I do.

3 Comments
GustavoLopez
Hi Sjosh, I am Gustavo Lopez product manager of Septentrio (GNSS high end receivers), I am interested to get some extra information on your requirement. We want to try to find the best mechanisms so that Collector can interact with high end GNSS receivers (today we do it with PinPoint-GIS) however post-processing is a good question where would be nice to heard back from you for the best flow wanted (this so we can also discuss with the dev team at Esri).
GustavoLopez
my email is gustavo . lopez @septentrio .com (no spaces)
Sveinung_Bertnes_Råheim

The new version of collector enabled support for high accuray gps. BUT! Collector has an offline mode. AND! In most of the northern parts of the world, it is not possibile to get  correction signals from system like EGNOS, WAAS etc. We then end up with getting correction signals through the mobile telephone networks (GPRS, EDGE, 3G, 4G). That means that as soon we are out of coverage of these networks, and want to use high accuracy GNSS, the fine support for GNSS'es has no value.

If its possible for Collector to sample datas, then we could post process and then we would be helped!