wrong UV coordinates

10-25-2012 12:25 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: virtence

Hello,

I just started to get familiar with cityengine. I created with the citywizard a new city. Seems everything is ok. If I change afterwards the layout from my roads (make them smooth and change some angles) the uv coordinates of my road don't fit anymore. If someone has a solution for my problem would be fine. Thanks in advance.
crydee
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18703[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18704[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: matthiasbuehler

Hey there !

Welcome to the Forum.

The rules which you are using in this case for the streets are written for straight street segments, not yet curved. The UVs certainly are correct, but those specific rules are quite aged, from times where streets were not possible to have a curvature.

Try downloading the Modern Streets Example, then select 1 Street shape, then right click on it > Select in same layer and assign the Street Rule from the Modern Streets Example. Simply point to the rule in the other project.

This should do the trick and give you even better street models than with this code.

Or of course: Write your own street rules .. 🙂

Cheers !
0 Kudos
JamKnothe
New Contributor
Thanks for your help,

where do I find the Modern Street Example? I can't find it.
Thanks
crydee
Hey there !

Welcome to the Forum.

The rules which you are using in this case for the streets are written for straight street segments, not yet curved. The UVs certainly are correct, but those specific rules are quite aged, from times where streets were not possible to have a curvature.

Try downloading the Modern Streets Example, then select 1 Street shape, then right click on it > Select in same layer and assign the Street Rule from the Modern Streets Example. Simply point to the rule in the other project.

This should do the trick and give you even better street models than with this code.

Or of course: Write your own street rules .. 🙂

Cheers !
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: matthiasbuehler

Use this link. It brings you to the resource center.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/communities/city-engine/01w90000000r000000.htm#s=0&n=30&d=1&md=cte-ce...

Matt
0 Kudos