Viewport Stops Responding After a Right-Mouse Button Click

11-03-2011 11:53 AM
ChrisDeAngelis
New Contributor
So I've been exploring the trial Mac version and noticed that whenever I use a right mouse button click, the viewport stops responding to 99% of my mouse inputs.  I can zoom in and out with the scroll wheel/track pad and right click but any other input simply does nothing.  I can't move around the environment or even select objects in the viewport.  The only way I've found to solve this is to restart CE entirely.  Is there any reason why CE would be acting like this?

Also, is there anyway in CE 2011 to center an OSM network automatically at the origin when importing it (Like the CENTER button in CE 2010.3) or will it always be offset since it's georeferenced data and have to be done manually?

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hi !

1]
can you open Window --> Show Log and see if there's some errors ?
if there appear errors after your RMB issue, can you double click some of those errors and post the so-called stack-trace ?

2]
actually the OSM centering is not needed any more. I can understand the wish for it since you will want to export the data centered around the cartesian origin. though, since the new 2011 version of the CityEngine has an export functionality (obviously not in the TRIAL version ) to exactly do so, the reason for the center button has vanished. 🙂

please let me know !

kind greetings !
0 Kudos
ChrisDeAngelis
New Contributor
Thank you for your response. 

It's nice to know the center option is still available upon exporting, as having an origin centric scene is almost a necessity for my group.

As for the RMB issue, I went back and took a look at the log after recreating the problem and it shows nothing.  I'm not getting any errors or anything, it just stops responding to inputs.  I even tried redownloading the executable from ESRI and trying it there, but I get a similar problem.  I still have an academia version of 2010.3 that I'm working with, and I dont have the same problem there when working on the same files.

EDIT: I just confirmed with a co-worker that the same problem is plaguing his Macbook as well, once again striking from a fresh install.  So this is no longer an isolated incident.
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hi !

Thanks for reporting the issue !

It seems this is a general issue. I was able to reproduce it here on my private MacBook. Has to do with context menu stuff we changed.

The bug's been logged and will get fixed.

You can escape this trap by quickly zooming out once. But indeed, with each new RMB click, the issue's back.
0 Kudos
RayDickenson
New Contributor II
Three years later I have the same issue, using CityEngine 2013.1 build 140203 (release, macosx-64bit)

As soon as I right-click in the viewport, it stops responding to all left-clicks.

The suggested work-around (zoom out quickly) does not clear the problem.

No errors in the log.
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi,

we fixed something in this regard some time ago and it's most certainly fixed with CE2014.0 which should arrive quite soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience !

Matt
0 Kudos