Some fun with CE ...

10-27-2014 04:55 PM
AlanKlys
Occasional Contributor

A bit of parametric slicing / dicing / extrusion fun ...

Coke_adk.jpg

Plus a quick (hence the graininess) animation test ...

No one said it was only meant for buildings right

16 Replies
MatthiasBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Alan !

Cool work ! Keep' em coming !

You are right, CE can be used for so much more than just buildings .. 😉

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

twitter: @MattB3D

---------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

matthias.buehler@garsdaledesign.co.uk

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos
AlanKlys
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Matthias.  I just wish I was a bit better with the code side of things.  It's all coming along tho and your guys help in these forums has been invaluable for me.  I'm not a natural coder

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow!!! How did you animate it? What software?

0 Kudos
AlanKlys
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a bunch Chris.

This particular project was all done in Lightwave, tho I do use other tools primarily.

In this case it's simply a procedural wave driving the Y displacement of the individual parts.

Original goal was to do something different and unique with typography so this is all very much a work in progress.

Here are some other small experiments for those interested.

Experimental_02_adk.jpg

anthopocene.gif

PS: I normally work with buildings

IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alan,

Regarding creating those animations(that wave driving) could you give me more details about how to do that?

Some links or tutorials would be great; I`d love to know !

Thanks,

Ionut

0 Kudos
AlanKlys
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ionut,

I had a quick look to see if I could point you to something already out there but could not find anything as yet that describes what I did.  All it essentially boils down to is driving the displacement of each individual part via a procedural wave. Nothing more than that.  Not promising anything as I'm pretty busy at the moment, but I will see if I can put together something in terms of a tute for you.

I'm sure you could do this in Max , C4D, Modo just as easily (give or take) as in Lightwave.  Lightwave however does have some pretty good nodal tools that make this sort of thing really easy and quick to approach, plus it's integration of Octane is one of the best out there and hence my choice to go via this route.

IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Alan!

0 Kudos
AlanKlys
Occasional Contributor

No problem   If you're willing to dive a little into LightWave I'd be happy to send you a quick scene you can play with. I assume you're a 3dsMax person yes ?

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Maya rather than 3dsMax...but I understood that these 2 are similar...I`d be glad and graceful if you could do that

Learning something new is always a good thing!

Thank you very much !!