Select to view content in your preferred language

OBJ imports with no textures from max and uanble to dae format

08-23-2015 10:42 AM
bhaskarsjsj
Deactivated User

Hello

I have created a 3ds max glass building with textures, and exported it as obj file with mtl and texture in the same citiengine workspace folder / models folder, but  when imported into Citi engine it does not show any textures,

Is there anyway of applying manually.

I have followed  all your procedures but still a failure.How Can I Create a Scene with .OBJ Texture?​@

14 Replies
bhaskarsjsj
Deactivated User

Hello Kenneth

thanks for your advice, I can see the materials but is looks very transparent

how to change it to normal dark material

0 Kudos
KennethLindhardt
Deactivated User

So your materials are visible?

The way I see you material the (if o remember it correctly Arch41_057_mat_1 material is fully transperent. Change 0.0000 to 1.0000 after Tr  the next material is half transperent since its 0.5000 after Tr, change that to 1.0000 play around with those values, if I should remember it the opposite way .

Remember to refresh the folders, and regenerate the model. If you can see materials you are 90 procent of the way.

0 Kudos
KennethLindhardt
Deactivated User

By the way feel free to make the model folder available online, if you don't resolve this, maybe I can have a look tomorrow.

0 Kudos
bhaskarsjsj
Deactivated User

Thanks Kenneth once again

but one more thing when the models are imported the face get split in to multiple faces/ polygons.

how to resolve this, there are two many faces and the maps are assigned to multiple individual faces/ polygons

if there is a curved surface and it get split into multiple polygons,

and how do I make the model folder available online shall I zip the folder and attach it here.

and how do I attach it here.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Capture2.JPG

0 Kudos