Mismatched data

01-17-2013 06:59 AM
NicoleHanson
New Contributor III
After importing street data and terrian, this is what it looks like.  I've done the "Align terrian to shapes", but it still didn't move.  I did have to "align graph to shape".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20802[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

You mean 'Align Graph to Terrain', right ?

Yes, that would be the correct workflow.

Then, after the streets are projected onto the terrain, you can select ALL shapes of your streets, then align the Terrain to those Shapes by using Layer > Align Terrain to Shapes
m.
0 Kudos
NicoleHanson
New Contributor III
Yes! Sorry, that's what I meant. 

But when I do the second step, the shapes won't move.
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Sorry, wrong text in my post just before.

fixed it now.

I meant :
Once the graphs are aligned to the terrain, you can then align the terrain back to the street's shapes.
0 Kudos
NicoleHanson
New Contributor III
I still understood it!  But that's the workflow I used, and it turned out like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20813[/ATTACH]

It's not even off by the same distance throughout the data.
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
I start to believe you want to align the data horizontally because the position of the streets is not correct in relation to what's shown on the satellite picture ..

But the 'align' tools all ONLY ALIGN VERTICALLY.

To fix the horizontal alignment, make sure that the GeoTIFs for both the heightmap and satellite image share the exact same extent and are projected in the SAME projection as the SCS ( Scene Coordinate System ) in CityEngine.

If done correctly, the data will match automatic ( except of course the vertical component of the streets ).
0 Kudos
NicoleHanson
New Contributor III
Ok.  I will go re-project the tif and photo.  Here's hoping it works!
0 Kudos