Invalid Web Scene data AssertException: leaf card materials must have a map

05-07-2015 11:11 AM
VeronicaAnderson
New Contributor II

I'm getting an error when I try to export my scene to a webscene. I'm really not sure how to troubleshoot this. I've attached some screen shots and only one of four tries actually created the .3ws which I couldn't view in either Chrome or Firefox. It also did not work when uploaded to ArcGIS Online. Is there anything else I can share which will help with troubleshooting?

Exception Stack Trace:

com.esri.prt.clients.ce.CEClientException: Internal error: illegal geometry

at com.esri.prt.clients.ce.GenerateSlice.runGenerate(Unknown Source)

at com.esri.prt.clients.ce.GenerateSlice.run(Unknown Source)

at org.corebounce.threads.RunnableContextJob.run(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Session Data:

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.6.0_43

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -data @noDefault

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MatthiasBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Veronica,

I've seen this error also, last week.

Curious to get an answer from the devs ..

Matt

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

twitter: @MattB3D

-------------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

matthias.buehler@garsdaledesign.co.uk

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos
VeronicaAnderson
New Contributor II

Wow, I've stumped Matt!

Hopefully that gets someone's attention..

Thanks for the solidarity!

-Veronica

0 Kudos
Matthias_Specht
Esri Contributor

Hi Veronica,

yes, if Matt cries hole Zurich is on alert!

It looks like you have some "illegal geometry" in your scene which triggers that error in the stack trace. For instance, that could be a static shape with ❤️ vertices.

I am not 100% sure that also explains the error you see in the Web Scene Viewer but this is the thing you need to attack first.

Try to systematically reduce the selection of shapes you export (e.g. disable some layers / select only parts of your scene) until you find the shape causing the problem. Sometimes there are "invisible" shapes (for instance only consisting of one vertex), which will have an entry in the scene view but you won't see it unless its selected.

Please let me know if you find the problem.

I also noticed a few strange errors in the log on your screenshot (bottom right), but I can only read the first few letters. I doubt these errors have anything to do with your export problem, but I would like to have a closer look. Can you please provide me the full log? You can find it in your workspace in the .metadata directory (.log).

cheers

Matthias

0 Kudos
VeronicaAnderson
New Contributor II

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for getting back to us! I'm going to try systematically looking for my illegal geometry but in the meantime I've attached what I believe is the full log for yesterday morning's mishaps. Sorry, I thought what I included in the first post was the right one. Hopefully this helps!

Thanks,

Veronica

0 Kudos
VeronicaAnderson
New Contributor II

Hi Again,

I managed to trouble shoot all of the shapes in my model (which took a long time) and I was able to eliminate the error which wouldn't allow me to export a webscene. Now I have one that shows an error in the stack but at least I am able to view the webscene locally. However, when I try to share it on my ArcGIS online account I receive an error that says "unrecognized character escape". I've attached a screen shot and the log of the error saying that "not all shapes are generated" when I first export the models as a webscene. I can at least view it locally which is better than nothing but I'd love it if you could help me solve the problem of not being able to upload it to my online account.

These are the event details for the webscene creation in CE:

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.6.0_43

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -data @noDefault

Warning

Fri May 08 16:05:49 EDT 2015

The batch export completed but at least one error occurred. See stack trace for detailed error information. - [main]

com.esri.prt.clients.ce.CEClientException: Not all shapes are generated

at com.esri.prt.clients.ce.GenerateSlice.runGenerate(Unknown Source)

at com.esri.prt.clients.ce.GenerateSlice.run(Unknown Source)

at org.corebounce.threads.RunnableContextJob.run(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Thanks!

-V

0 Kudos
Matthias_Specht
Esri Contributor

Hi Vanessa,

This error might be dependent on what you enter in the "CityEngine Web Scene Package" dialog which pops up after "share as" (Item Description etc.).

Can you try to minimize your input? Do you use some "weird" (non-ascii) Characters?

I also saw a number of nullpointer exceptions in your log which seem to be related to the texturing tool. Some bugs in that tool were fixed for CityEngine 2015.0, can you try using the new version?

greetings

Matthias

0 Kudos
VeronicaAnderson
New Contributor II

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!

It was a line that escaped my troubleshooting last week. Silly line.

Also, I was wondering what was fixed in the 2015 release and wasn't sure if I should upgrade. That answers my question. Thanks for the extra advice about the texturing tool.

Here's the final product, uploaded but I still get an error:

http://philauniv.maps.arcgis.com/apps/CEWebViewer/viewer.html?3dWebScene=dd3b18a63b9f47ea922ddf16255...

What does "data clarinet parser" mean?

Thanks for all the help!!

-Veronica

0 Kudos