Select to view content in your preferred language

City Engine Flyover

05-24-2013 10:27 AM
LukeCzar
Deactivated User
Hi Matthias,

I have a question, so there is a PLAY button in WEB SCENE to see the video of flying over the buildings , it there anything like that in CITY ENGINE? without having exporting the whole project into Web Scene? I would like to record a short video presenting our Campus, but the file is to big for web scene?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Deactivated User
Maybe you could also play with Python scripting to create the series of bookmarks.

Matt
0 Kudos
Renato_Cesar_Ferreira_deSouza
Emerging Contributor

It remindes me TK8000 doing animation on wireframe. So weak recurse that worthwhile not being difused. Shame. When I just wonder about documentation, this sort of solution appears. Considering the price of the software should be better doing something better or reducing - the price.

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Renato,

Thank you for your reply.

This threat provides a way of doing a simple flyover animation with CityEngine.

But CityEngine is not intended to be a standalone solution for animation.

I am sorry, if you got the impression this would be the case.

Instead, the development team is working closely with key customers in the VFX industry to meet their production needs.

Today CityEngine provides a wide range of 3D model export formats, and there are continuous efforts to support the latest standards. This includes support for animation software workflows like:

0 Kudos
LR
by
Frequent Contributor

You can use "restoreBookmark" with Python, no need to delete bookmarks or limit the number.  It's not exactly hard to code either.

from scripting import *
ce = CE()

if __name__ == '__main__':
    vp = ce.getObjectsFrom(ce.get3DViews(), ce.isViewport)[0] #get viewport
    vp.restoreBookmark("b1", True) #navigate to bookmark titled "b1"
    ce.waitForUIIdle() #wait for animation to finish
    vp.restoreBookmark("b99", True) #navigate to bookmark titled "b99"
0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

There is another option to use a 3D mouse to navigate smoothly in the CityEngine viewport and take a screen capture video.  But, really, Thomas's suggestion to export your scene and do the animation in another software is the recommended workflow.

0 Kudos