Batch CityEngine Webscene Export by Segment ID

07-07-2015 01:28 PM
DavidWasserman
Occasional Contributor III

Hi CityEngine Users,

Does anyone know of any posts that discuss massive batch webscene exports?

Ideally I would like to be able to select a line/street segment by some unique ID, isolate, then frame it, then export a web scene in batch using the Jython functions available in CE.

I understand I will need some type of object scene iterator in the scene. I would also need to group this selection with 3-4 other selections representing different scenarios. I am pretty sure I can export on selection of a segment ID, but I am not sure how to "group" the scenarios with the selection. Is there any experience on isolating a particular shape based on an attribute out there?

Once I have it isolated, I think I would use the 3D View functions to frame it and then do my export with the Export settings. I think the hard part here would be making the group layers for each scenario. Is there any way to declare a group layer name for the export settings in an automated way?

The goal would be to make something that could take CE procedurally generated segments, and make a separately URL link and webscene for each segment. Each segment would consist of 3-4 models grouped by a "Group Name" I also would probably want a dictionary of URL link-Segment ID pairs to then include back into a script on the GIS server side.

I was hoping to know if anyone had any experience with this.

Chris Wilkins​ I would love to discuss with you if you have time.

Kind regards,

David

David Wasserman, AICP
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds like a pretty complex script. I don't see any way to specify groups on layers, but it was a quick scan. I'm not that experienced in CE python.

Matthias Buehler had a py script for selecting by attribute.

Let's talk after the UC.

Chris

DavidWasserman
Occasional Contributor III

Yeah I don't think this will be easy. I think the grouping of layers is the main thing I am concerned about. Worst comes to worse I export an individual layer for each one, but it is not as nice.

We should definitely talk when you get the time. 😃

David

David Wasserman, AICP
0 Kudos