Authorization issues with CityEngine 2012.1

11-01-2012 06:51 PM
PeterRamutenas
New Contributor
We have a network licensed installation of CityEngine 2012.1
The 64 bit version of the software is installed on Windows 7 64 bit OS on our domain workstations.
Basically the issues are that:
1) Each new user needs to authenticate the software the first time it is used (not an issue with the existing ArcGIS 10.0 software already installed).
2) Authentication only works for users with domain administrator privileges - it fails for standard users.
3) The software does not appear to get as far as querying the license server for standard users.
Is this a known issue and is there a fix for this?

Regards
Peter R
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

We are aware of the fact that if you have 10.0 installed that there are licensing issues with 2012.

The current workaround is to launch the Authorization Wizard from the command line with this switch:
C:\program files\esri\cityengine\bin>Softwareauthorization.exe �??ver 10.1

We're collecting all pieces on this and will hopefully be able to provide a proper solution soon.

Let me know if you know how to do the above workaround.

Matt
0 Kudos
PeterRamutenas
New Contributor
Thanks for this but it's asking me for an authorization number (after I've inserted the license server address) which I currently don't have so I can't progress further.
The only authorisation file I received was a EsriCityEngineAdvancedConcurrentUse_concurrentuse.prvs file to activate the license server.
Does this mean that I have to activate each installation of the software individually using this process?
Is only one activation number required for all our installations or are they unique to each worksation?
Can you please email me the required authorization/activation number.

Regards
Peter R
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi Peter,

Please PM me your mail address, then I can forward you to a person who can help you better than me.

Thanks !

Matt
0 Kudos
KevinRabjohn
New Contributor
Was there ever an answer for this I am having the same issues with 2012.1 The license manager says it has a valid license but when you run the software it says its not authorized?

I have tried both concurrent licenses through a 10.1 manager and single user but still nothing. Also I tried everything I have found in the forums like running from command line to authorize C:\program files\esri\cityengine\bin\softwareauthorization.exe �??s �??lif *.prvc �??ver 10.1 �??verbbose
and changed the C:\Program Files\Esri\CityEngine\CityEngine.ini file to include -Dagol

I have also tried the software authorization patch CityEngine-2012-SA-Patch.exe with no luck.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Kevin
0 Kudos
PeterRamutenas
New Contributor
Hi Kevin
As far as I'm aware (as of about 3 weeks ago) this issue still persists on our system even though we have upgraded our ArcGIS version to 10.1. As we were only using the software with a small group of users we came up with a quick and dirty kludge of creating a special off domain local administrator level account on a few workstations which were still network connected. This enabled the users to run this program.

Regards
Peter R
0 Kudos